Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the most recent Kickstarter update from Minion Games:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/miniongames/the-manhatt...

Well, we're finally back from GenCon 2016!

We ran probably 10 games of Energy Empire at the show and everyone just loved it. Some think it's even better than the original.

The game looks great and we didn't find any problems with the final PPC copies we had at the show so we'll be telling Panda to start up the printers!

It takes about 30 days to print and 30 on the boat... so we're guessing around October for delivery at this point.

We will be passing the PPC copy onto Luke for him to show at a convention or two on the west coast before release. I believe he'll be at Pacificon where there is a Protospiel event.
http://www.leagueofgamemakers.com/pacificon-protospiel/

Thanks for your support!
- Minion Games

P.S. Watch for our relaunch of Saga of the Northmen game later this month!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I might not have to update my shipping address if it arrives in October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group was one of the 10 playtests and I have to say this is just such a great game.
My boy absolutely hates worker placement games, and he ended up saying this was one of the best games he played at the convention.
I looks great and it plays even better.
We played a few rounds wrong with a rule about removing waste every time you pull back workers, but this was corrected before the end. It was ok though, because it basically just increased the length of the game, which everyone didn't mind at all.
As with other really great worker placement games, you feel that you never have enough time to do everything you want, and that is surely present here. Many ways to victory, and the starting "factions" added interesting flavor and initial goals.
I cannot wait for this KS to get to the table, and it is slightly sad the KS was not more successful because I don't think people know what they are missing out on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much Jason! Those are exactly the kinds of things we were trying to achieve with this game! So glad you got to play at Gencon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.