$35.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Shards of Everdark» Forums » General

Subject: Miniature sizes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One Hand really dwarfs Pathfinder Durik.
Intentional or size-creep?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been noted before; Arvel is also bigger than other human/elf characters. Don't know the reason, aside from Karnon and Steelhorns also being huge. Maybe the others had to be scaled up to go with them? Not sure.

It doesn't really bother me. Some people are 5 feet, some people are 7 feet. No reason orcs can't have a big range of sizes too. One Fist is just a really big orc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bases are nearly double as thick as the original bases.. I think its just bad quality control from a company that otherwize have very high standards (in my opinion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature scale in Descent is all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking out the figures I have, it does seem as though the more recent releases (Mists of Bilehall lieutenants, recent hero and monster packs) are scaled up a bit. Compare the Bilehall Lts. to Zachareth, etc.; they're larger and more detailed. It's consistent enough past a certain point that rather than it being a quality control issue, I'd suppose FFG decided to increase the mini scale and the detail in the line at some point after Nerekhall, at the cost of overall consistency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.