Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was looking at other plans on BGG to reference for my own foamcore insert, I noticed that most designs don't really secure the various boards / screens very well. This is my attempt. I hope this helps someone with their insert build.

The top layer has the petz in a Crown Royal bag, which I'll likely replace when I get something smaller. I didn't like the designs with trays for the petz since my OCD would compel me to flip them all over uniformly. I opted to keep the player parts in bags since I enjoy the action of literally throwing them to players (watch out for those sharp imp ears!). The tray for events/customers and traps/add-ons are meant to be placed next to their appropriate spots on the board.

The next level has sorted Need cards and a secure storage section for the player screens. The Dark Alley tiles are also here due to space constraints. It holds the screens flush and prevents any undue bending.

The third level holds a tray for all of the bits. I keep it in the center of the table, and opt to not include these on the actual board. It allows me to keep all resources in easy arm's reach for all players and makes it easier to move things around should the need arise.

The smaller boards are secured in a tiered tray that prevents any of the smaller boards from sliding during transport. It also holds extra pet fasteners and stickers

Below everything is the game board, which can be easily lifted by a ribbon glued and secured to the lower board. I cut the supporting pieces on this level 1mm too high, so I include the Dark Alleys rulebook here to make sure everything sits flush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game deserves the pampering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.