$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: One deck for both solo and coop play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Girard
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone know if you can use a deck (investigator) you have built in both solo and cooperative play? Any problem going back and forth?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to imagine that you could not, and you definitely can in Lord of the Rings.

The only caveat is that if you're playing solo with one deck (some people prefer playing solo with two in LotR) then you may need to be a little more careful that your deck is well rounded. That is, with multiple players it works quite well for one guy to be the main combat guy, one guy to be the main healer/support guy, one guy to be the main quest guy, etc... But playing solo, you've got to be able to do a bit of everything so you wouldn't want to overspecialize your deck in that case.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be no problem at all for one-off games. For campaigns you may need to do a bit of record-keeping, since the items and traits you wind up with in your deck as you progress should vary with each campaign.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Girard
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
It's hard to imagine that you could not, and you definitely can in Lord of the Rings.

The only caveat is that if you're playing solo with one deck (some people prefer playing solo with two in LotR) then you may need to be a little more careful that your deck is well rounded. That is, with multiple players it works quite well for one guy to be the main combat guy, one guy to be the main healer/support guy, one guy to be the main quest guy, etc... But playing solo, you've got to be able to do a bit of everything so you wouldn't want to overspecialize your deck in that case.


imho LOTR sucked solo, either you had to rebuild your deck from scratch every new scenario or you had to run two decks. Hoping this game solves that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
dboeren wrote:
It's hard to imagine that you could not, and you definitely can in Lord of the Rings.

The only caveat is that if you're playing solo with one deck (some people prefer playing solo with two in LotR) then you may need to be a little more careful that your deck is well rounded. That is, with multiple players it works quite well for one guy to be the main combat guy, one guy to be the main healer/support guy, one guy to be the main quest guy, etc... But playing solo, you've got to be able to do a bit of everything so you wouldn't want to overspecialize your deck in that case.


imho LOTR sucked solo, either you had to rebuild your deck from scratch every new scenario or you had to run two decks. Hoping this game solves that.
I found that to be part of the appeal; modifying the deck to suit each scenario. At the same time, I would often just build a deck and see how well it could do in each scenario without changes.

...So I guess I'm happy either way with this game. laugh
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
dboeren wrote:
It's hard to imagine that you could not, and you definitely can in Lord of the Rings.

The only caveat is that if you're playing solo with one deck (some people prefer playing solo with two in LotR) then you may need to be a little more careful that your deck is well rounded. That is, with multiple players it works quite well for one guy to be the main combat guy, one guy to be the main healer/support guy, one guy to be the main quest guy, etc... But playing solo, you've got to be able to do a bit of everything so you wouldn't want to overspecialize your deck in that case.


imho LOTR sucked solo, either you had to rebuild your deck from scratch every new scenario or you had to run two decks. Hoping this game solves that.
I found that to be part of the appeal; modifying the deck to suit each scenario. At the same time, I would often just build a deck and see how well it could do in each scenario without changes.

...So I guess I'm happy either way with this game. laugh


It was a pain in the arse. I want one deck to keep evolving and that's why this game will be superior.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
[q="Jotora"]

It was a pain in the arse. I want one deck to keep evolving and that's why this game will be superior.


The One Deck to rule them all, so to speak?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.