Scythe» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5th building for factory cards - mini expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Langex
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi community bed,
i had sent this idea to Jamey and now i would share it with you.
At the moment it´s just an idea and not played yet.
I have started Scythe with my playgroup last weekend and it´s too early playing something new.
But feel free to play, change the rules, share own ideas and give some feedback.

Mini-Expansion (The Tower)
…5th building for factory cards

You need: 1x expansion card, 2x tokens, …for each player

„The TOWER in Scythe“
If you have a factory card from the factory, you get this expansion card with a building token and a row- action- token too.
Move this expansion card (half of the card) under your factory card and place a building token for the tower on the card.
The second token would be placed next to the card.

-) BUILD TOWER
With the „build action“ (see scythe manual) you could build a 5th building, your tower.
Same rules for build a building (see scythe manual page 18)
Instead of a worker you would need a mech to build the tower (or later a moving action with the tower)
If a mech has a water ability, you also could build on water
If it´s a tie after combat, the player with the tower win the combat (only the space with the tower)

-) TOP- ROW- and BOTTOM- ROW- ACTION from the expansion card
On a next turn where you have placed your action token again on your factory card you could use the top- or bottom- action from the card.

- TOP ACTION
Pay the cost of any resource and move your tower with a mech.
Depending on your moving action between one and three space(s).
You could place and move the tower only on a space without any building.
Players who haven´t a water ability could move on water, but only the mech with the tower
(you have to build the tower on land before and after you could move on water together)
(More Mechs could also move on the water with the tower but the tower could leave only at last, with the last mech without water ability)

- BOTTOM ACTION
Place the second token on the card and choose between (tower) defence and (tower) attack.
You only could change the bottom action on a next turn with the action token on the factory card.

 Defence, on the space with the tower you pay only half of the power costs after combat.
If it´s an odd number, make your own decisions, before starting a game.

 Attack, on the space with the tower you could use +1 combat card during combat or you get a new combat card after combat. (If you are the loser you get also one card or two if you have used power points during combat)

(Maybe to build on the factory it´s allowed or not allowed, depending on the balance of the row actions)

-) END GAME STRUCTURE BONUS
You could use the tower for the structure bonus at the end oft the game, but the maximum value which is on the structure bonus card is valid.

Have fun, enjoy and give some good or bad feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxl80 wrote:
i had sent this idea to Jamey and now i would share it with you.
At the moment it´s just an idea and not played yet.
I have started Scythe with my playgroup last weekend and it´s too early playing something new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, this feels unnecessarily complicated. I like the idea, but part of the appeal of Scythe is the simplicity.

- When gaining a Factory card, a player gains a fifth building, The Tower, to build.
- A tower can be built using the Build action following the same rules as any other building. A tower cannot be built until after the player has drawn a Factory card.
- Building a Tower adds the following to the top Factory action, "Gain a Combat card."
- The Tower is a building for all other rules.

This keeps in line with the feel of all buildings, adds extra incentive to use the Factory action, and doesn't add extra complexity to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Langex
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi tankbard,
instead of posting my mistakes again you could post better some boardgame ideas and earn therefore some intelligence and creativity points.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Langex
Austria
flag msg tools
Instead of the bottom action i have another idea, as follows:

Alternative Variant, (without BOTTOM ACTION and no combats on towerspaces)

A opponent unit, mech, etc. could never move to a space with a foreign tower.
Placing the tower on the factory is not allowed.
Opponent units, mechs, etc. retreat immediately during your „move action“, ...if you move with your tower and your mech to opponent units, mechs.
There would be never a combat on a „towerspace“.
This is only a available move if the opponent haven´t a tower or a other building on this space.

Other rules are the same and you can see on the top.

Any feedback is welcome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.