GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,298 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Space Hulk (fourth edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Easy way play with 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Hill
United Kingdom
newtownards
county down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd posted this in response to a thread in the general section - thought I might as well re-post here in case anyone who might be interested missed it:

I've accommodated 4 easily in standard missions. In a 2 squad game. One squad per player, then used half my new genstealers and blips for one player. The 4th player gets half my 1st edition stealers and blips. While 1st edition stealers aren't as individualised as the recent ones I've repositioned their arms for a bit of individually.

Also take care to ensure the blip ratio of 3, 2 and 1 blips remains the same.

Stuart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stuart_greyabbey wrote:
I'd posted this in response to a thread in the general section - thought I might as well re-post here in case anyone who might be interested missed it:

I've accommodated 4 easily in standard missions. In a 2 squad game. One squad per player, then used half my new genstealers and blips for one player. The 4th player gets half my 1st edition stealers and blips. While 1st edition stealers aren't as individualised as the recent ones I've repositioned their arms for a bit of individually.

Also take care to ensure the blip ratio of 3, 2 and 1 blips remains the same.

Stuart.

Also if you are willing to do a smidgen of work you can use 2 copies of the game to create a scenario where one strike teams progress affects the progress of another strike team playing on another map. Basically it is playing 2 side by side games but certain strike points have to be reached/held to allow the strike team on the other board to advance.

It creates a fun advance and hold mechanic where the other team feels lots of pressure to advance because their "team mates" on the other board need to hold for them or advance for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.