Hide
5 Posts

D-Day at Peleliu» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
I'm trying a different approach but I wanted to confirm if some of the moves I did are allowed.
1) After conducting a landing check, I chose to hold most of my units in the wh1 landing box. I want to wait to land them until I have a chance to neutralize the blue position and attack de purple position in force. Is this allowed?
2) I want to be more aggresive so I landed 2 units on a beach hex that already had 2 units in it with the intention of moving 2 units into CC during the action pphase and thus not violating the stacking limits rule. Is this allowed?

Thank you for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gebs99 wrote:
I'm trying a different approach but I wanted to confirm if some of the moves I did are allowed.
1) After conducting a landing check, I chose to hold most of my units in the wh1 landing box. I want to wait to land them until I have a chance to neutralize the blue position and attack de purple position in force. Is this allowed?
2) I want to be more aggresive so I landed 2 units on a beach hex that already had 2 units in it with the intention of moving 2 units into CC during the action pphase and thus not violating the stacking limits rule. Is this allowed?

Thank you for any help.

1/ I assume you can hold them back, yes. Since any units you can't land (due to stacking issues, or whatever) must wait until next time. My only thought then is what do you do with the inevitable backlog of units. Further down the line must you still bring them ashore in order?
2/ You can only stack two units. No more (except for Heroes). It sounds like your hex with four units is an illegal move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

1) 5.2 states quite clearly that you must move units ashore unless there is an overstacking situation.

2) Ronnie is correct. It's not allowed. (This is also made clear in 5.2.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerardo Bolanos
msg tools
Thanks. I see what you guys are saying. I was thrown off by rule 7.5 because it says that "you may eexceed stacking during the US Action phase and during other phases of the turn"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Understandable. It's a rule that has been copied from DDaOB and DDaT. It could have been worded better.
If I remember correctly, the only phase outside of the US Action Phase where overstacking can occur is in the Japanese Fire Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.