Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on the FFG forum, but I thought I would post here as well for those who were interested. Here are my vague recollections and reflections on the lists I saw at Gen Con for the North American Championship.

My list was Luke, Leia, Gideon, C-3PO, Alliance Smuggler, Lando, and elite Rebel Troopers. I fared okay, making it to the top 16 cut and then losing the first round to the eventual winner, Brian (despite my 21-4 lead after the second round (I did the majority of damage to the dianoga), I let this one slip away. Curses!).

Speaking of which, Brian’s list was Agent Blaise, two elite ISB Infiltrators, an elite Stormie, a regular stormie with Vader’s Finest, an officer, and Zillo. It was an interesting list and he used it well. He played against someone I didn’t face, but from FFG’s tweet I can make out his list: three Wookie Warriors, Obi-Wan, C-3PO, and I think Diala.

Frankly, I was a little surprised that these lists made it to the top. I really expected a Grand Inquisitor list to make it. However, the Grand Inquisitor was well represented in the top 16. I saw at least three lists, but I think there were a few others. One was Grant’s (from Vader’s Finest) who had two elite Stormies, Grand Inquisitor, two Officers, Royal Guards, and Zillo. I played another person who had the same list but with HKs instead of royal guards and Zillo. The other list I saw was basically the same as one of the ones above, but I can’t recall exactly what it was.

Other lists in the top 16 were a storm and snow trooper spam list, with two Officers and Royal Guards thrown in. Another list was an all-unique Rebel list: Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, Davith, C-PO, R2D2, and Gideon with Diplomatic Mission.

That’s all I can recall, so if others can recall any list not mentioned, please chime in. One thing I was surprised about was the dearth of Merc lists (at least, I didn’t face any and don’t remember seeing any in the final rounds, but again that was after 12 hours straight of gaming, so my mind was wiped). I really thought I’d see more Banthas stampeding around, and I thought I’d see more strain-focused lists. Again, I can only speak to my own experience and to what I saw as I casually glanced around, so this may not be an accurate summation of what lists were there.

Regardless, it was a blast to play in the tournament. The meta has improved now to the point that there are so many viable lists, a far cry from just a few waves ago (and certainly from the early dominance of the 4x4). It’s a great time for this game.

Now give me my Rancor FFG 

-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.