Hide
3 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Danor the pain... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe mama
msg tools
Quick question, can Danor cast break ward when in adjacency with an enemy and the door to cast the spell on? I only ask as the rules say spells work like shooting and that you can not shoot when you are in adjacency of a enemy.

Also, on a side question, what is the point of Danor only having 1 silver heart when being injured doesn't effect his stats?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The full text on Break Ward states:

"No Line of Sight required. May be used even when in the front arc of an enemy"

Break Ward is an Adjacent spell, so can only be used when next to a Ward and is permitted to be used when in an enemy front arc (i.e adjacent).

+++

The reason for his +1 Silver Heart (Wound) value is due to him being human, it's a default Race based stat that applies to other human characters that being injured could affect.

It will impact him if played in a campaign scenario of your own where he is leveled up and were to ever come across a +1 Combat progression. He'd then have that reduced.

All that said, I think it is more for profile consistency rather than gameplay impact (or lack thereof).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe mama
msg tools
ezeqiel wrote:

The full text on Break Ward states:

"No Line of Sight required. May be used even when in the front arc of an enemy"

Break Ward is an Adjacent spell, so can only be used when next to a Ward and is permitted to be used when in an enemy front arc (i.e adjacent).

+++

The reason for his +1 Silver Heart (Wound) value is due to him being human, it's a default Race based stat that applies to other human characters that being injured could affect.

It will impact him if played in a campaign scenario of your own where he is leveled up and were to ever come across a +1 Combat progression. He'd then have that reduced.

All that said, I think it is more for profile consistency rather than gameplay impact (or lack thereof).

Ah, didn't have the card in front of me and it was just something I was thinking about while at work. Thank you for your answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.