Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Moscow '41» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tank Attack Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Geisler

Santa Fe
New Mexico
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 10.12.5.2 Tank Attack Reads

The Defender is under Tank Attack if,
after any Airstrike the following four
conditions are met:
1. the Weather is Good;
2. the Battle takes place in a Green Area;
3. the Defender has no Defensive Line/City;
4. the Attacker has at least one Tank and the
Defender has no Tank;

Effect: the Attacker rolls before the Defender.
Tank Attack does not apply if the Area is newly
contested this Impulse and all attacking Tanks have
engaged across a River.

Questions
1) Does there really have to be an airstrike (or even artillery) before a defender is under tank attack (i.e. the attacker rolls first)?

2) Also, I'm not sure about the statement that "tank attack does not apply if an area is newly contested this impulse."

Seems like a surprise tank attack without artillery or air support during a blitz segment would be fairly common. And if a unit is "blitzing" it would be entering a "newly contested area."

I would appreciate some assistance with this part of the rules.

Enjoying the game so far!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. if, after any...meaning if there was any airstrike or not any airstrike.

2. I think it is that in a newly contested area AND all tanks have engaged across a river...both have to apply, new contested area and all across river, then there is no Tank Attack.

Tanks can't exactly blitz across a river, especially major rivers.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember my son routing his attacks so he would attack from a non river area to get this bonus. (IE - cross the river uncontested, then attack the flank. With a move of 5, this was available to him.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to go!
Must be that apple didn't fall to far from the family tree!

In my plays the only way to permanently destroy Soviets is to surround them.
Soviet hordes kept right on returning the next impulse and Logistic phases!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zerstorer88 wrote:
Way to go!
Must be that apple didn't fall to far from the family tree!

In my plays the only way to permanently destroy Soviets is to surround them.
Soviet hordes kept right on returning the next impulse and Logistic phases!


That seems to be historically accurate, so apparently the game manages to model that well!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boersma8 wrote:
zerstorer88 wrote:
Way to go!
Must be that apple didn't fall to far from the family tree!

In my plays the only way to permanently destroy Soviets is to surround them.
Soviet hordes kept right on returning the next impulse and Logistic phases!


That seems to be historically accurate, so apparently the game manages to model that well!


I think so too...my son (as the Germans) found it very frustrating that leaders and units kept coming back full strength (except the remnants). But I think it gives that feeling of hordes of Soviets being thrown at the more effective German machine.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Karlsson
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmb
An answer from VentoNuovo:

Regarding your specific question, an airstrike is not required, but the meaning is that the tank check is done after an airstrike, as a defender tank may be present but eliminated by airtrike (in example to save a HQ).
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PanzerRanger wrote:
An answer from VentoNuovo:

Regarding your specific question, an airstrike is not required, but the meaning is that the tank check is done after an airstrike, as a defender tank may be present but eliminated by airtrike (in example to save a HQ).

I had misunderstood the airstrike part of tank attack, thank you.
I think this should be explained in rulebook.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, something like this would be clearer:

"The Defender is under Tank Attack if, after the Airstrike step, all the following four conditions are met:"

¿What do you think?
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oscar that's Great!

emanuele
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.