Subject: fox movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the fox move only after a failed roll by a player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Heim
United States
Goodview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Correct. This can make some pretty quick games, depending on the luck of rolls Be sure to reroll twice after the initial roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We had the problem of the fox not getting very far because rerolls eventually succeed and he hasnt had a chance to progress. How do yoi remedy that? Basically, no tension because he doesnt make it anywhere. Tried increasimg spaces he moves but he still never made it halfway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Heim
United States
Goodview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played this a bunch at the school where I work and yes there were plenty of games where the fox hardly moved. There were plenty on the other end as well. In my experience, the game is more about teaching young kids deduction rather than playing a high stakes board game. The age group I played this with had the most fun when they were making up stories about the foxes as they played. I don't think they intended for this to have high pressure.

You could toy around with the fox always moving one spot after each player's turn in which they rolled successfully, but after they complete their action.

I'm sure you are playing right, but just make sure that you are calling out what you want to do prior to the first roll. Someone else that I had teaching the game forgot that part and made for an even easier game.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes we call out first. It doesnt bother me that the fox doesnt move, but it wasnt clear from tje rules and any time games start going really well with unclear parts, i start to wonder if we are doing it wrong, lol.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.