Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the game scale? what changes are made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll find your answer from the designer (and his wife) in those comments:

From Kane Klenko:

Favre4MVP wrote:
It does. My wife even asks to play this one often, even if I don't need to playtest. That doesn't normally happen.

Favre4MVP wrote:
2 player games are 40-45 minutes. 4 player is around 90. 3 player is in between.

From his wife:

dipbubs wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:
It does. My wife even asks to play this one often, even if I don't need to playtest. That doesn't normally happen.

Truth!

I hope that it helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:
You'll find your answer from the designer (and his wife) in those comments:

From Kane Klenko:

Favre4MVP wrote:

Favre4MVP wrote:
2 player games are 40-45 minutes. 4 player is around 90. 3 player is in between.

From his wife:

dipbubs wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:

Truth!

What rules are changed? Any spots blocked off?

I hope that it helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only change I see in the rules is with the set up. You take 6 intel tokens from the two colors that are not in play and you place them on the board using the Agency cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game 2 player. Even though the action circles may not be as full of dice in a 2 player game vs a 4 player game, there are really only 2 spaces available to place on each circle based on the die/dice already played there no matter the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipbubs wrote:
I love this game 2 player. Even though the action circles may not be as full of dice in a 2 player game vs a 4 player game, there are really only 2 spaces available to place on each circle based on the die/dice already played there no matter the number of players.

The tensions in the game are the same, even with 2 players because of this. My personal favorite is 3 player just because there's more competition, but I'm guessing the 2 player game will be the favorite for a lot of people. And it's a game with good depth that can be played in 45 minutes with 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Newman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 2p last night and really enjoyed it, though I think it shines more with 3 or 4. Having more people means more turn-over in the agency and mission cards, which in our game was a bit stagnant as we started out in the same general regions. I don't think a single purple region card was pulled the whole game. Otherwise, it plays pretty much the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petrix wrote:
I played 2p last night and really enjoyed it, though I think it shines more with 3 or 4. Having more people means more turn-over in the agency and mission cards, which in our game was a bit stagnant as we started out in the same general regions. I don't think a single purple region card was pulled the whole game. Otherwise, it plays pretty much the same.

Just house rule a variant to remove one every round or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gameboygeek review just came out, and he said he actually likes it best with 2. I think it will just be personal preference as to which player count you like best, but the game itself works well across all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.