tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome, I was talking with my wife earlier this week about whether they were going to make another one or not. Now to find out how I can get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the need to get this!

I wonder if the spine will be printed the wrong way round on this one as well to match the compendium #1! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
I wonder if the spine will be printed the wrong way round on this one as well to match the compendium #1! whistle

Yup, it's printed wrong to match. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Joneaux
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the info.

Any idea where "Mission Random" and "Closing Operation" are coming from ?
First time I hear about those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this spine story?

Does it bear any crunchy original article, like the one to tweak the deck in #1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Guillotine Team designed some missions for this Compendium!

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Joneaux
France
flag msg tools
mb
So, "Mission Random" and "Closing Operation" could be first released in the Compendium ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first or only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We pretty much stopped playing the classic game once Black Plague came out, we are only a couple of games into the first compendium but I will be getting a copy of this.

Maybe it will be an add-on for the next kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jislizard wrote:
We pretty much stopped playing the classic game once Black Plague came out, we are only a couple of games into the first compendium but I will be getting a copy of this.

Interesting. It's OT, but was the switch due to so many plays in the old version, or just a preference for the new version and or theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those looking to get this, stores are starting to offer it for preorder. CSI and Carhaus both have it available, looks like it will be released around Sept. 23rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Jislizard wrote:

Interesting. It's OT, but was the switch due to so many plays in the old version, or just a preference for the new version and or theme?

Missed the first games and bang for buck, Z:BP was essentially the same game but with loads of kickstarter extras.

I prefer the modern day setting so if they ever release a second edition I would get that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested, the compendium is in stock at Miniature Market @ $15.88.

I have some preorders waiting so I was able to use their customer hold to get free shipping when my preorders come in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I received my copy today. Good stuff!

There's a really handy Mission Index in the back that lists all missions in the book, along with their difficulty level, number of Survivors required, playtime and boxes needed. I might whip up something like this myself for Compendium #1 and the other Missions I have!

Despite the book's cover touting "missions, campaigns and designers' secrets for Zombicide Season 1, 2 & 3", there's actually no designer notes in the book. So if you're looking for a way to optimize your decks with Season 3 or Angry Neighbors in the mix, you're out of luck. It's slightly disappointing, as the deck tweaking notes in Compendium #1 was some of the most valuable content in the first book.

Instead, we find the rules to the smaller expansions. Which are kinda useless, since you either own these expansions and have the rules from the box or you don't own these expansions and you won't be able to play them anyway. It's nice to have them all in one place, though, I guess.

The Arson campaign no longer notes that it was designed to incorporate Kickstarter Stretch goals. In fact, it is listed as being "created for Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue." There's no mention of Angry Neighbors and it looks like the maps don't require any material from AN anyway, so you might be able to play the Arson campaign with just RM. However, the Mission Index in the back of the book still lists Arson as requiring RM and AN.

The count for A Missions continues where Compendium #1 left off, so missions A8 and A9 from the website have been renumbered to missions A16 and A17 respectively for this book.

A18 - A22 were all previously published in Ravage Magazine.

A25 and A26 are two parts of a single mission (mistakenly both labeled A25 in the Table of Contents) and were previously published as one Mission in the French Ravage Jeux de Plateaux #1.

A23 and A24 look new to me.

To play the new A missions, you will need the following:
A18: Prison Outbreak + Toxic City Mall
A19: Prison Outbreak
A20: Season 1 + Toxic City Mall
A21: Season 1 + Prison Outbreak
A22: Rue Morgue
A23: Rue Morgue
A24: Rue Morgue
A25: Rue Morgue + Angry Neighbors
A26: Rue Morgue + Angry Neighbors

There's still a number of Missions unaccounted for in the Compendiums, namely:
- Gaming Nights #4 and #5;
- Official missions E01 - E11 published by Edge Entertainment;
- Fanmade missions CE01 - CE04 published by Edge Entertainment
- Trick or Treat and Just Wanna Eat in Peace!, both written by Jean-Baptiste Lullien and previously published in Ravage Magazine;
- Mission XH01 and XH02, published in the French edition of Ravage Respawn (I believe this was fanmade, but it made it into Ravage, so I'm guessing it's good to have);
- Mission A27, A28 and A29, published after Compendium #2 was released;
- The Up on the Rooftop Christmas special published by CMON (which is rubbish anyway, as it disregards the rules for connecting tiles);
- The Rum & Bones crossover;
- Obviously, no Black Plague missions are included.

Still, I'm really happy to own both Compendiums. If you only own Season 1, your mileage for Compendium #2 will not be as great as with Compendium #1 (only 8 Missions in the book are playable with just Season 1, including the 3 from Gaming Night #1). But if you're the kind of fan this book is aimed at, I'm guessing you own more than just Season 1 by now anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.