$30.00
Adam K
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is my second post here. My wife and I had recently took our first steps into table gaming. However, I think I'm more into it than she is; meaning I am ready to play more frequently than she is. Because of this, I have been on the hunt for more solo games, or games that can be played by 1 person.

I enjoy playing Pandemic on my own, and I recently purchased Friday and Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game, and I enjoy them both a lot. I've been trying to do some more research on games similar to these that I could add to my list. Between the 2, I like Legendary Encounters the most. My research is giving me a bit of overload. Can anyone make some suggestions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary Encounters: A Predator Deck Building Game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JBo Lebonzo
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mage Knight is a solo deck building RPG that is loved by many but be warned the rules are xtnsive and scary at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"Arrange whatever pieces come your way." Virginia Woolf
mbmbmbmbmb
lebonzo wrote:
Mage Knight is a solo deck building RPG that is loved by many but be warned the rules are xtnsive and scary at first.
A fantastic game, as many will attest. Watch Ricky Royal's walkthrough of the game first. This will tell you (a) how to play and (b) whether it is for you or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I really enjoy Baseball Highlights: 2045 solo. It's essentially a deck builder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
akirsch wrote:
I've been trying to do some more research on games similar to these that I could add to my list. ... My research is giving me a bit of overload. Can anyone make some suggestions?

Another suggestion: try different kinds of games before you deep dive into one type. For instance, try a worker placement game or dice game rather than another deck builder. And beware glowing reviews! One person's treasure is another person's trash. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi mate

There is some absolutely fantastic solo games out there, and also co-operative games where you can play multiple characters yourself.

I think you should also check out these:

Mage Knight Board Game
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)
Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
Eldritch Horror
Gears of War: The Board Game
Zulus on the Ramparts!

!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will do some research and watch some videos online. I am intrigued by Mage Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Topher
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hostage Negotiator is a pretty fun solo game, easy to learn/set up, and has a unique theme to it. The kickstarter for the stand-alone expansion is going on right now.

I like the D&D adventure games solo also. Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game

And Runebound (Third Edition) (which I may prefer over Mage Knight for some reason. It tells me a story, and is easier to play.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Springfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is a pretty popular one if the theme is to your liking. It's got a ton of expansions if you decide you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Someday Asagi will be the main character of her very own game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Resident Evil Deck Building Game: Mercenaries

It might be a bit difficult to find (been OOP for a while), but it's my favorite deck building game. The enemy encounters are randomized, and it's great fun to build up an arsenal and get more confident in your ability to decimate monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.