United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
The Silver Lining Still Remains
badge
The Guppy Dream Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not an ICP fan, but the game looked ridiculous so I bought it. Arrived home from Gen Con to find it waiting for me.

I have yet to play it, but I have read the rules. It seems to be a pretty standard deckbuilder, with a few neat twists thrown in. The art and design are actually really good, and the insert has plenty of room for expansions, even with sleeved cards.

I look forward to forcing a few friends to play it :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - please post an update when you can!

I'm not an ICP fan at all (can't even name one song) but the art and theme caught my eye, and it didn't look like it was a gimmick just slapped together.

While I'm sure an ICP fan would get/enjoy the game more than I would, I wonder how important it is to know about the band, singers, songs, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Laster
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Full disclosure: I live in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit, and, when I was in high school, ICP would sell their cassettes out of a van outside of my school. So I'm quite familiar with their music and their whole mythology.

That being said, this game is actually quite good. It's basically a better version of the DC Deckbuilding Game. The mechanics they have added to that formula, including being able to choose from 3 bosses to fight, rolling a 12 sided die for a bonus when a card lets you "spin the Wheel of Fate", the mechanic of getting a bonus when you play 3 of a certain type of card, and the random event "Flavor Deck", make it feel much more strategic and longer lasting than DCDB.

Also, echoing above, the art is phenomenal and someone who is familiar with ICP would definitely enjoy all of the various characters from their songs they've chosen to include.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
My copy should be here in a few days. We can compare notes or something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I order a copy? I didn't know it was available yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.hatchetgear.com/into-the-echoside

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Getting the promos is going to be a major pain though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
Getting the promos is going to be a major pain though.

I take it the orders that are shipping now are sans promos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Laster
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got mine from Rock of Ages and did not have the promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you pre ordered and picked it up at the gathering of juggolos you got 3 promos. To my knowledge this was the only way to get it. I sent them an email asking if I could get them and they said not at the current time but maybe in the future. So I'll be making some proxies in the mean time and playing while the expansion gets finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb

They got her hair backwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:

They got her hair backwards.

Might've been to avoid the numbers and stuff on the left side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
maybe so. but it still irks me. They could have just recolored it instead of just mirror flipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Adams
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aelaster wrote:
The mechanics they have added to that formula, including being able to choose from 3 bosses to fight

I just played two games... and whaaaat? You fight bosses in this game? I think I must have missed something. Unless you mean the Epic cards, which you just buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Laster
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rezblack wrote:
aelaster wrote:
The mechanics they have added to that formula, including being able to choose from 3 bosses to fight

I just played two games... and whaaaat? You fight bosses in this game? I think I must have missed something. Unless you mean the Epic cards, which you just buy.

Yeah, I was talking about the 3 Epic cards. In DC Deckbuilder, they are villains that you "fight", but, really, you just buy them there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Did you maybe mean the fiends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Adams
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I gotcha.

I generally don't play deck building games... I wonder if there any games like this that feature actual combat to bosses and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
DC does if you add a crisis pack. It becomes a co-op boss fighter.

Or did you mean "like this" as in the theme of this game. That I can't help with. I can only think of a few dark horror games and they are figure based games. (kingdom death comes to mind)

Granted after going through the cards half of it is dark horror half of it is thug life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.