$20.00
$5.00
$30.00
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/9/the-muma...

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja'd

Really neat sounding concepts/elements, glad to see some old stuff coming back, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarf Pipes!

Doesn't matter what it does because now you can make a deck where dwarves, hobbits and wizards can all just sit around, eat and smoke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Merrill
msg tools
mbmbmb
Love the new designs for side-quests. Still might be hard to fit into several quests as they just don't allow the time.

I also love the focus and support of the many traits in the game. Makes thematic decks a little easier to build because they can provide powerful cards with narrower deck-building constraints without being "must use Gandalf" and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
Dwarf Pipes!

Doesn't matter what it does because now you can make a deck where dwarves, hobbits and wizards can all just sit around, eat and smoke.

^ THIS thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Anxious to see what they do with the new Harad trait for player cards. I remember the Harad enemies being pretty tough. And capturing Oliphaunts for use as mounts is a great idea! This is by far my favorite corner of Middle Earth and it's nice to see the designers venturing into unexplored regions, especially to the south and east. Very anxious to see how this new cycle develops!

Hopefully today's news hushes the naysayers for a while longer. This game seems to have a very healthy future ahead of it. Just about every day there's a new post from a new player on this site. That's encouraging for all of us who love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
THE PIPE DECK IS REAL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
There was also mention of a new Ranger hero. Any ideas? My guess would be a Spirit version of Aragorn, but maybe not so soon after the new Fellowship version from The Flame of the West. I think it's just a matter of time, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm predicting a Harad ranger FFG creation. Tactics sphere. 2-3-1-4. With ranged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emart40x wrote:
There was also mention of a new Ranger hero. Any ideas? My guess would be a Spirit version of Aragorn, but maybe not so soon after the new Fellowship version from The Flame of the West. I think it's just a matter of time, though.

I wouldn't count that as a strike. Tactics Aragorn and first Fellowship Aragorn came out around the same time.

I am looking at the Mûmak cards and initially thought we'd have double sided objective ally/enemy cards (like Sméagol/Gollum in Land of the Shadow), but I'm beginning to think we are just capturing them in this pack and riding them (as objectives) in the next (see horse-hair lasso, wild mûmak, and 2b in the spoiled cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man oh man oh man, every new pack announcement gets me so stoked! And it doesn't even matter that I'm like three cycles behind, all of this new stuff is so cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Mighty Warrior makes Captain of Gondor attachable to any hero, at the cost of 1 Tactics and another card. A two-card combo is much harder to get than a one-card combo, but that can turn Mablung or Sam Gamgee into a 3 atk/3 def combat beast. (And Sam can just keep getting better the more high-threat enemies you engage!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's going to be a card to give someone a profession trait, does anyone else think we'll see attachment cantrips that grant Ranger, or Noble? I think thematically gaining Warrior is easier to explain, but then again FFG made Beorning Beekeeper. Also, green Feint pretty cool. Also also, Bear loves that side quest; that card is kind of weird itself because it's not battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
rmunn wrote:
And Mighty Warrior makes Captain of Gondor attachable to any hero, at the cost of 1 Tactics and another card. A two-card combo is much harder to get than a one-card combo, but that can turn Mablung or Sam Gamgee into a 3 atk/3 def combat beast. (And Sam can just keep getting better the more high-threat enemies you engage!)

I wish Might Warrior could attach to allies as well. Vigilant Dunadan needs to get the Warrior trait somehow so he could use Raiment of War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistertrench wrote:
If there's going to be a card to give someone a profession trait, does anyone else think we'll see attachment cantrips that grant Ranger, or Noble? I think thematically gaining Warrior is easier to explain, but then again FFG made Beorning Beekeeper. Also, green Feint pretty cool. Also also, Bear loves that side quest; that card is kind of weird itself because it's not battle.

I think it's likely. That card has a "one of a cycle" feel to it, like the songs in Mirkwood and the mono-only cards in Against the Shadow.

I'm loving this new take they're doing with the new side quest and cards like Horn's Cry. Reducing enemy attack values has a different application than simply raising our characters defenses and it's fun to play in a different way. And since Beorn is my favorite hero card to use this just works out very nicely for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.