Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Booster contents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know the rarity distribution of the booster cards? 3C-1U-1R? And is the die in the booster associated to the rare in the booster, or can it be ANY rare's die?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
3C-1U-1R/UR (UR is about 1 in 6 packs) The dice in the pack will always match the R/UR in the pack
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
There's 1 rare/legendary (and matching dice), 1 uncommon and 3 commons per booster.

Apparently Corey told someone at GenCon that's 6 legendary rares per booster box of 36 boosters.

The set itself is 174 total cards with the following breakdown:

Legendary 17 (9.8%)
Rare 43 (24.7%)
Uncommon 42 (24.1%)
Common 58 (33.3%)
Starter 14 (8.0%)

Also some cards come as only a single copy and 1 dice in the starters so to get a full playset you'll need 2 of each starter too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:


Also some cards come as only a single copy and 1 dice in the starters so to get a full playset you'll need 2 of each starter too.


Surely the same cards that come in the starters will be included in some boosters too, so You don't need 2 starters right off. (?)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
horlaci wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:


Also some cards come as only a single copy and 1 dice in the starters so to get a full playset you'll need 2 of each starter too.


Surely the same cards that come in the starters will be included in some boosters too, so You don't need 2 starters right off. (?)


Pretty sure the starter 'rarity' is just that - it only comes in the starter - therefore any starter cards that are either a single copy or that come with a dice you'll need a 2nd starter for the option of a 2nd dice and/or a 2nd copy of the card.

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.


Slight correction: all Unique characters have the option to use a second die, at a higher character point cost. Non-unique characters only ever use one die.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.


I think finn is the only one. All other cards are either rare (and can come in a booster) or two dice come in the starter
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven T
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.


I think finn is the only one. All other cards are either rare (and can come in a booster) or two dice come in the starter


Yes, that is correct. You need a second Rey starter to run a two-dice Finn deck. However, some of the other starter cards might be powerful enouhg for you to want them in your deck twice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.


I think finn is the only one. All other cards are either rare (and can come in a booster) or two dice come in the starter


It is actully three cards/dice you will be missing if you only buy one starter each.
Finn, Force Throw in the Rey deck and Mindprobe in the Kylo deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaver027 wrote:
Nushura wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.


I think finn is the only one. All other cards are either rare (and can come in a booster) or two dice come in the starter


It is actully three cards/dice you will be missing if you only buy one starter each.
Finn, Force Throw in the Rey deck and Mindprobe in the Kylo deck.


What would you be missing for Force Throw and Mindprobe?

They both use a single die which comes in the starter packs from what I've seen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzomonkey wrote:
Reaver027 wrote:
Nushura wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

Finn for instance is one card and one dice, but like all characters you have the option of paying more points for a 2nd dice.


I think finn is the only one. All other cards are either rare (and can come in a booster) or two dice come in the starter


It is actully three cards/dice you will be missing if you only buy one starter each.
Finn, Force Throw in the Rey deck and Mindprobe in the Kylo deck.


What would you be missing for Force Throw and Mindprobe?

They both use a single die which comes in the starter packs from what I've seen.


Because you can use 2 of any non-character card in a deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
gonzomonkey wrote:
Reaver027 wrote:
Nushura wrote:


I think finn is the only one. All other cards are either rare (and can come in a booster) or two dice come in the starter


It is actully three cards/dice you will be missing if you only buy one starter each.
Finn, Force Throw in the Rey deck and Mindprobe in the Kylo deck.


What would you be missing for Force Throw and Mindprobe?

They both use a single die which comes in the starter packs from what I've seen.


Because you can use 2 of any non-character card in a deck.


Sure, wanting multiple copies of non-character starter cards in your deck means you have to buy multiple starter packs. That part I get.

But Reaver027's comment:
Reaver027 wrote:

It is actully three cards/dice you will be missing if you only buy one starter each.
Finn, Force Throw in the Rey deck and Mindprobe in the Kylo deck.


Finn I understand, you get 1 die in the starter pack but he can use 2, so it's like you're "missing" a die.
But what's missing for Force Throw and Mindprobe? They are both cards that use a single die, which is supplied in the starter packs. There's nothing "missing".

I'm trying to determine if there's another reason to buy multiple of the same starter pack other than having 2 of the same card in your deck, or getting the 2nd die for Finn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzomonkey wrote:
Finn I understand, you get 1 die in the starter pack but he can use 2, so it's like you're "missing" a die.
But what's missing for Force Throw and Mindprobe? They are both cards that use a single die, which is supplied in the starter packs. There's nothing "missing".

I'm trying to determine if there's another reason to buy multiple of the same starter pack other than having 2 of the same card in your deck, or getting the 2nd die for Finn.


Just semantics, really. You aren't "missing" anything by having one Force Throw, unless your goal is to have a complete collection (two of every card) in which case you are "missing" one copy of the card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.