Popular Tags: dc [+] starwars [+] [View All]
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

as an old "classic" Starwars geek I was drooling over "Risk: Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition" since I have read the first rumours. Unfortunately, it's not available in Europe, since this market is covered with the CloneWars Edition. So I racked my head who I know from the U.S. to send me a copy - no idea.

Suddenly, my company starts a new project in Washington D.C., nominating my as responsible contact person, which makes me jetting to the U.S. for 14 days each month. Now I want to export my own copy of Risk: SW CTE. Next business travel is from April 21st to May 4th. My question is:

- Can anybody tell me a shop where I can get a copy? (The easier to find, the better - bloody tourist I am).

Or maybe someone is interested in a game from Germany & is willing to meet me for an exchange?

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen copies at Toys R Us, a huge American toy chain. If you are in the DC suburbs, you are never too far from a Toys R Us.
Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this it? http://www.amazon.com/Risk-Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy/dp/B00...

If so, I could order it for you and you could pick it up from me during your stay here (assuming you'll be in DC proper). I live in the city, a few blocks from a (red line) Metrorail station, and my daughter's school commute takes me through downtown most days, so a hand-off should be easy to arrange.

The one German game I know I'm looking for right now is Burg Appenzell. But I'd be happy to get you Risk: Star Wars OTE regardless of whether you could bring me a copy of that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jullie
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I've have seen OTE Risk in most Target stores. There should be several in the DC area. They are large "all in one" stand alone stores with huge signs and parking lots. Should be easy enough to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're staying in the burbs and/or have a car, Target and TRU are easy to access. Not so true if you'll be carless in the city. In that case, the White Flint Metrorail stop may be your best bet. It would put you within walking distance of both stores' Rockville locations. (One cautionary note re the Rockville Target -- no big sign or visible parking lot. Subtle (target)logo on a multistory brick parking garage.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
you guys are terrific!

Sue, Phil, I try to get "Burg Appenzell" and "Ab in den Pool" and let you know via PM.

Thnx everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy in a Toys R us store near a metro station of the red line. You stop at White Flint and walk to the right when you come out of the station. It's like 400 meters from it. It costed me 24-26$, or something like that.
Also, if you're up for a game while you're staying, you can always get in touch with me through the geekmail.

Have a nice stay in Washington DC!!

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.