Hide
12 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » General

Subject: no new? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
no new rumor or something ...is this all or going to be expansions ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atomo wrote:

I think they've confirmed 4 expansions by the end the year, including 1 major expansion with an entirely new setting. The heroes expansion that already came out is 1 of the 4, though, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GW is in it's 40K cycle right now. They announce new stuff for all their lines every week or so.

Since Silver Tower was released, they've effectively rebooted Age of Sigmar, launched Stormcloud (X-Wing+ for 40K) and launched some other new 40K stuff. We should hopefully be circling back to something new for Silver Tower here in a month or so... I hope anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has been out two months and there has already been:

One character pack expansion
One character expansion in White Dwarf
30-something characters in the app

That doesn't take into account the heroes and extra monsters that are included in the rules book.

I haven't even got around to buying some screamers yet, so I wouldn't mind if they took a little while to push out anything else (especially as I need to pick up a box of Gorechosen next month, which incidentally includes miniatures you can use with Silver Tower).

That being said, there are all kinds of rumours floating around:

New "base set" with an undead theme.
All hero miniatures for Sigmar getting Silver Tower hero cards in the clam packs.
Chaos hero miniature on the front of September's White Dwarf magazine.

Oh - and there should be a FAQ turning up soon.

I think there will be plenty to keep us busy/poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Moody
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There will be a Chaos hero on the front of September's White Dwarf, ostensibly for use with Gorechosen, but also with rules for Silver Tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hazelnutsoup wrote:
There will be a Chaos hero on the front of September's White Dwarf, ostensibly for use with Gorechosen, but also with rules for Silver Tower.

I follow the rumours for GW pretty closely, and have reported in other threads about the chaos hero appearing on the cover of the magazine, even including a picture of the model it is rumoured to be (which is, indeed, one of the heroes available in the Silver Tower app). I pointed out that the rumours are plausible as the launch of the new magazine coincides with the launch of Gorechosen in the same month (which has rules for 8 heroes, but only includes miniatures for 4).

While the rumour itself has come from pretty reliable rumour providers, I haven't seen anywhere where GW has confirmed any of it. So, is there something I have missed or do you have inside knowledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DyingTickles wrote:
atomo wrote:

I think they've confirmed 4 expansions by the end the year, including 1 major expansion with an entirely new setting. The heroes expansion that already came out is 1 of the 4, though, I think.

GW hasn't "confirmed" anything about upcoming releases. It just isn't a thing they do.

However, the rumours about their upcoming products are seldom wrong. However, it has been a while now, and I doubt that they really have more than one actual expansion beyond what is in the app.

I am quite disappointed that so far we haven't had any new heroes come out of the Age of Sigmar releases. I'd love to see this game expanded that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odinsgrandson wrote:
DyingTickles wrote:
atomo wrote:

I am quite disappointed that so far we haven't had any new heroes come out of the Age of Sigmar releases. I'd love to see this game expanded that way.

They added a sylvaneth hero about a week ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some say FOUR (4) Expansions for Warhammer Quest? 1 is the Mighty Heroes, and 3 more?
Guess 1 Expansion Pack will be coming within the next maybe 2-3 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still a sloppy way for expansions. All they do is add rules on the app. I can make rules up myself right now for any model in my collection.

A proper expansion with more items, lvling cards etc is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mydnight wrote:
It's still a sloppy way for expansions. All they do is add rules on the app. I can make rules up myself right now for any model in my collection.

I would be surprised if there aren't expansions. The game just hasn't been out very long at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
mydnight wrote:

I would be surprised if there aren't expansions. The game just hasn't been out very long at the moment.

Agreed. Remember, this isn't FFG we're talking about here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.