Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross posting from Chas Argent on Consimworld:

=====================================

Quote:
181 Gavin Take in Yanks

Folks, for some reason the red ink did not print on 181 Gavin Take, so all the quantities are missing; here they are:

German: 4 x 467, 3 x 447, 1 x 9-1, 1 x 8-1, 1 x 8-0, 2 x MMG, 3 x LMG

American:
Gavin-Maloney Force: 6 x 747, 1 x 10-3, 1 x 8-0
Ostberg Force: 4 x 747, 1 x 10-2

======================================

Note, these are still the same quantities/units from the original scenario T1, which you can download from MMPs site in the Scenarios for ASL Classic link on the Support/ASL Downloads page.

All the other scenarios seem fine, just the one is missing the red ink from a printing error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zartan Madinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloadable replacement scenario card? Properly printed card included in next MMP product? Some plan to replace the defective item?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just fix it up yourself with one of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go here:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLOffici...

Click the "Scenarios from ASL Classic" link to download a zip file containing the original Scenario T1, among others. There are some minor changes in the wording on the new scenario card, but they are functionally identical. Or just take a red pen and write in the numbers given above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zartan Madinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about if I spend that much money MMP fix their mistake and supply a correct scenario card in some fashion?

Bounding Fire would figure out a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarmao wrote:
How about if I spend that much money MMP fix their mistake and supply a correct scenario card in some fashion?

How about you give them more than ten minutes to solve the problem before you start being outraged?

Since you probably don't follow MMP on CSW I can tell you that they are less happy about it than you are and are already trying to figure out what what the options are to fix it. In the short term it seems like a corrected PDF file will be posted sooner rather than later. As Book of Learning points out up thread, if you want to play it right now you can certainly download the original scenario card and get started, or pencil in the errata or print the errata separately. In any case, it shouldn't be too difficult pull out those pieces and dive in.

And for Bounding Fire, as far as I can tell they do what MMP does and post the errata for their products. Here is what they posted for PiF:

http://www.boundingfire.com/download/Poland%20in%20Flames%20...

... or essentially what MMP has already done.

As for me, I will be happy to get my copy and get it on the table. At the rate I'm going, there will probably be in a new edition of Yanks! before I get around to playing all the scenarios ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zartan Madinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just asked what MMP was planning to do. Any annoyance I felt was at the guy suggesting I hand finish the scenario card with a marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen J
Australia
Elizabeth Bay
New South Wales
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarmao wrote:

The logical person would just pencil in the errata like you would any other form of errata from any game and move on, but you know YMMV...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I illogically used a red pen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarmao wrote:
I just asked what MMP was planning to do. Any annoyance I felt was at the guy suggesting I hand finish the scenario card with a marker.

Fair enough. I don't see myself taking a red (or any color) pen to the card, either. It's funny how a lot of us are about marking up our games, even to correct them ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chas noted that there will probably be a download of the correction, and maybe a replacement card in the next Journal or other product. He also advocates the red pen solution in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tressler
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarmao wrote:

Yeah, at $104 (with shipping), I hope they offer a corrected card. I'm not mad about the error, I got the errata slip with the box and have a fully functioning game, I would just like a corrected card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a former paperboy, "I want my two dollars!"

(Bonus points for those who know the reference.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
peacmyer wrote:
Being a former paperboy, "I want my two dollars!"

(Bonus points for those who know the reference.)

Think I'd be Better off Dead than a paperboywhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarmao wrote:

It is a practice known to cause cancer, I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Nixon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$104?! Try getting it in the UK...current exchange rates, $174...or get it from MMP direct...$193.50 + duty when it gets here. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis-David Plourde
Canada
Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stop complaining and start playing! too many complains for nothing these days. Many just don't actually play and keep their box on the shelf.
publishers don't reprint books because of a typo and there is no errata... you simply live with it....

just my 2 cents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I was pleased to learn today that Dave of the Two Half-Squads podcast used a red marker on his copy.

Now I need to start playing Risk Legacy to really start attacking my anal retentiveness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new ASL Journal 12 is reportedly shipping with a replacement card for this scenario with the printing error corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickgb wrote:
The new ASL Journal 12 is reportedly shipping with a replacement card for this scenario with the printing error corrected.

I can confirm it's in Journal 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See this vid (all his vids actually) at the 4:45 minute mark...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the info on the scenario replacement and the ASL journal. The journal looks quite interesting and I might pick it up, but one concern I have is that I don't think I can play a single scenario in there (other than the errata scenario card) even though I own Beyond Valor: ASL Module 1 and Yanks: ASL Module 3a. I wish they'd throw in at least one that can be played with just BV. Or they'd republish For King and Country: ASL module 5a, which seems to be a major scenario bottleneck.

Something tells me I am not the first person with this lamentation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.