United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Can't find anything here, or on the gf9 website (aside from "summer")

Anyone know any specific date for this sucker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunnar Maluf
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I read somewhere that it would be released late August early September
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
There isn't anything official yet, except that it's supposed to come out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
gunnarmaluf wrote:
I read somewhere that it would be released late August early September

In the Day 4 BGG Gen Con video, the person who did the overview for this game said it would be available September. No mention of a late August release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
JKNyte wrote:
In the Day 4 BGG Gen Con video, the person who did the overview for this game said it would be available September. No mention of a late August release

Damn. I was hoping for an August release.

At least those that paid full MSRP at Gencon can console themselves they get to play with the game a full month or more before anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lockdall

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Can't find anything here, or on the gf9 website (aside from "summer")

Anyone know any specific date for this sucker?

Around October was mentioned at the Gen Con demo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
In one of the videos posted from GenCon they said world wide distribution within about a month. Amazon's listing for the game says available August 19, probably inaccurate but it is the only site that has a specific date that I Have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
OK, sounds like no specific date yet. I was hoping I'd missed something somewhere... But I'll just have to wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my flgs had a date of 15 august from its distributor, but not sure if that is fixed or open for change, but it should definitely be august as far as i know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

R2EQ wrote:
At least those that paid full MSRP at Gencon can console themselves they get to play with the game a full month or more before anyone else.

That extra month is definitely NOT worth the additional $35-$40 over street price, or not worth taking care of your FLGS. Though obviously that's my opinion as proved by the hundreds of people who vehemently disagree with me and bought their copy at Gen Con for $107 (with sales tax).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pre-ordered for $63.99 from CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:
Though obviously that's my opinion as proved by the hundreds of people who vehemently disagree with me and bought their copy at Gen Con for $107 (with sales tax).

There was no sales tax. I paid $100 for the base game pre-ordered for GenCon pickup. Well, actually, I paid $120, because I purchased 2 more sets of the promo resin starbases, so that I could have a full set of 3 for each faction.

But yeah, in general I don't go to GenCon for awesome sales. Except for a couple of third-party sellers like CSI, all of the boardgames there are full price. The only reason in my opinion to pay this full MSRP is if you really want it early (which I did), or you want the promos (which I also did).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

cbs42 wrote:
There was no sales tax. I paid $100 for the base game pre-ordered for GenCon pickup.

Well then I guess it must've been a pre-order thing, as all the vendors were charging Indiana Sales Tax on normal purchases. Either that, or they saw the word, "sucker" written across my forehead when I bought a few items! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a "tax free" weekend in MO. Perhaps there was something similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
it's a galeforce9 game. whatever date they say it will release, you can usually add up to two or three months and get the real street date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.