Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Played a two player game last night but I don't notice a scaling mechanic, could it be played with 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Stallion12 wrote:
Played a two player game last night but I don't notice a scaling mechanic, could it be played with 6?

The scaling is in the starting health of the characters. You use the card with 2 icons on it when playing with 2, for instance. I suppose you could have everyone start with the four-person health, but that would give the players a pretty big advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the whole game is based around there being 4 player actions per turn, in 2 player each character get 2 actions, in 4 player each character gets only 1 action. I don't know how you would do that with 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
Out of the box four is the max number of players.

One possible kludge might be to play as two teams of three using three player rules and just double the number of monster draws and total search needed on each location. You could then have two torch holders, changing each turn, who get an extra actions as per rules. I'd imagine you'd also need to double the number of dungeon, gear cards and legendary fortune card rewards, or maybe even have two decks dungeon and gear decks, one for each team of three.

That should scale the difficulty fairly linearly with the three player rules, but I wouldn't want to do the bookkeeping on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys, I was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no gaming police. Play the game the way you want to.

The game is 'balanced' for 4 players. So I intend to play it with 6 players with some small changes:

Everybody has the 4 player health
Add 2 more enemies to both in and out of shadows (so 4 more enemies)

If it's too easy, I'll double the Nemesis effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mlodzkoski
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have 5...
Having one player run the game is a great option. This role has the feel of "DM" and it is well suited for the player who knows the game best (or at least not a beginner).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.