Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec D.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Had a ton of fun playing this maybe 4 times over the past month, but a few questions come up.

1. emperor of eternal evil - When a player with most kill points chooses who the EEE attacks, do they also choose a specific path, or, does the EEE just take the shortest possible route to the chosen player?

2. teleportation vs immolation - so I got into a bit of a friendly debate over the teleportation power. The scenario is this, necromancer with immolation moves to necromancer with teleportation and attempts to use the immolation ability. In my view the necromancer with teleportation can teleport out of the way AFTER the immolation ability has been activated resulting in both players using their special ability and no one dying. My opponent believed that the immolation ability is instantaneous, so my necromancer would be a pile of ashes and unable to teleport away. We flipped a coin and I won, but I want to know if I was actually correct.

3. How do "one time use" items work? Specifically, do you have to pay for the "one time use" item at least one turn prior to using it, or can you use the "one time use" item right away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO
1. shortest path
2. both are instantaneous ... so no kill.

in our games immolation necromancer normally takes over the center and cant be approached till he/she expends that evil ability..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for answering the questions Chuck!

1. emperor of eternal evil - When a player with most kill points chooses who the EEE attacks, do they also choose a specific path, or, does the EEE just take the shortest possible route to the chosen player?

To match the changes ahead with Warcults, player with most KP controls EEE as though it were his own.

2. teleportation vs immolation - so I got into a bit of a friendly debate over the teleportation power. The scenario is this, necromancer with immolation moves to necromancer with teleportation and attempts to use the immolation ability. In my view the necromancer with teleportation can teleport out of the way AFTER the immolation ability has been activated resulting in both players using their special ability and no one dying. My opponent believed that the immolation ability is instantaneous, so my necromancer would be a pile of ashes and unable to teleport away. We flipped a coin and I won, but I want to know if I was actually correct.

Yes, Guy with Teleportation CAN activate before immolation.

3. How do "one time use" items work? Specifically, do you have to pay for the "one time use" item at least one turn prior to using it, or can you use the "one time use" item right away? [/q]

Some one time use items are discarded, some you have to pay for.

The payment ones are "active" when you pay for them initially. When found in cave, the pay to use items must be paid for to use, based on cost in ability area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.