Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whenever this question is asked the answer from CMON is "when Eric is ready". I wouldn't dare guessing anything more accurate than Q1-2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Espinoza wrote:
when Eric is ready

This is why I think CMON is a solid company to blind buy from. Since they do not seem to have solid deadlines for their games, they let the designers work until they are satisfied. Their recent track record for the last 2 years is super solid. Maybe not great games, but every one of them has been solid.

Edit: Just kidding, B-seiged was not so solid. But it was also from first time designers, so I willing to give CMON the benefit of the doubt on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Eric said in a gencon interview "early 2017", but it's definitely not written in stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you can hear Eric talk about it here

https://youtu.be/REf1EbcoX4Y?t=6m8s

"It's done when it's done, no rush" then probably kickstarter early '17.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently at Dice Tower Con, he said November of this year, so it's really up in the air. "Whenever Eric is ready" is probably the best answer right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes up December 3, 2016.

I know it's that date because I had a vision after eating some bad guacamole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
I know it's that date because I had a vision after eating some bad guacamole
Seems legit. Marking my calendar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
It goes up December 3, 2016.

I know it's that date because I had a vision after eating some bad guacamole.

Surely it was bad wasabi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or it was GOOD wasabi that you thought was BAD guacamole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Habilis wrote:

Hits me too close to home. My first time having wasabi, nobody told me it wasn't guacamole. I tell you what... there is some good trauma to be had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
Habilis wrote:

Hits me too close to home. My first time having wasabi, nobody told me it wasn't guacamole. I tell you what... there is some good trauma to be had.

Oh. Dear.

I can only imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi McBryde
United States
Neosho
MO
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hear that.

I put a whole tube on a sandwich that I had roasted in the toaster oven. Thought it was mustard. The heat of the sandwich turned the natural "fumes" into something akin to phosgene gas. Caused a short term laryngospasm. Knocked me to the floor. The had to scrape the bits of sandwich out of my mouth and put me under the sink before I started to breath again.

I had visions that day too.

Never again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller

Georgia
msg tools
publisher
As a lot of you have pointed out, it is when Eric is done. We want to make sure it's the game he envisioned. However, the when he is done part will be sometime in 2017
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like an interesting game. Shame that this is CMON so we will no doubt get their usual KS shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau McDaniel
msg tools
mbmbmb
asobu wrote:
Looks like an interesting game. Shame that this is CMON so we will no doubt get their usual KS shenanigans.

You want some cheese to go with that whine?

Bring on the exclusives baby and take my money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captcrunch227 wrote:

It's very difficult to throw money accurately when you have to take into account not only distance and angle, but time as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captcrunch227 wrote:
asobu wrote:

Eventually people start to rationalize cost Vs. value and stop throwing money away stupidly. Took me two CMoN KS campaigns to learn what "value for money" means and walk away from their nonsensical Kickstarters all together. Since then, I've yet to pay even 75% of what they charge during KS's for one of their games. Ignore the little plastic figurines, it cost 1/10 of 1 cent in materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON_Jared wrote:
As a lot of you have pointed out, it is when Eric is done. We want to make sure it's the game he envisioned. However, the when he is done part will be sometime in 2017

Will that be before or after I get the missing sleeves from my Xenoshyft: Onslaught pledge that I asked for more than a year ago?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captcrunch227 wrote:
asobu wrote:

Ditto, baby!

When I kickstart a CMON game, I only feel sorry for the poor shlebs who buy the retail version later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which begs the questions;

Is the KS version with all the exclusives the full game as envisaged by the designer?

Is the retail version minus the KS exclusives therefore not the full game and never will be?

Or are the KS exclusives a load of bloat added in despite the wishes of the designer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asobu wrote:

Is the KS version with all the exclusives the full game as envisaged by the designer?

Is the retail version minus the KS exclusives therefore not the full game and never will be?

Or are the KS exclusives a load of bloat added in despite the wishes of the designer?

Weird questions.

Just give me lots of cool minis!!! Bloat is not a thing!!! MINIS!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asobu wrote:

I've seen Eric Lang talk about this is an interview, basically you have to make everything modular with the knowledge that some of it may never be made. But the extras are extras as the base game has to stand alone, in that theoretical situation where it's the only thing funded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiona Furlong
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
From what I've heard, Blood Rages' exclusives don't really impact the game in a huge way, as the "6th" clan only added a different skin, but not a 6th player, and that the monsters are exactly like the rest of the units who originate from the cards: you may not ever actually see them in your game. I expect that Eric tries pretty hard to make it so the "extras" are simultaneously fully functional (ie not broken) and wholly unnecessary in making the game feel complete.

Heck, the extra content in the Others don't appear to be 100% necessary, out side of expanding play/story options, and despite the fact that I would really like to own the extra characters from the first Arcadia Quest, I know they don't do anything that makes them a must have. Hopefully this is a trend that carries over into Rising Sun, as well as any other Eric Lang game (to say the least).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the monsters in Blood Rage are huge and impact gameplay both by strategy and variety. It's the biggest shame that they were not made available for interested players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.