Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Yeung

Paradise Valley
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see some campaign cards with time periods (ie 3-4 or 2-7) and I see some cards without time periods for the side missions. Can I use the missions without time periods for all campaigns or am I just limited to the specific campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Going by the recent releases, FFG threw the time period rule out of the window.

Just go with what pleases you.

And yeah, missions without a time period can be mixed in every campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, judging from the images, the Wave 8 Luke Skywalker doesn't have a time period speficied.

And in the Wave 7 rulesheets, they said they omitted the time period for "a more open-ended play experience" in the campaigns. Otherwise, all 3 figures of Wave 7 wouldn't have been legal in any currently available campaign (all of them die before the end of A New Hope).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
Indeed, judging from the images, the Wave 8 Luke Skywalker doesn't have a time period speficied.

Huh, weird. I would've that that Jedi Luke, if anyone, would have been locked to time periods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can someone explain to me how these campaigns work?

I don't know the game but I would be interested to have a campaign that follows the timeline of the Star Wars story.

Am I right to think that it doesn't work that way?
Or is there a way to make it happen (including the existing and forthcoming expansions, the blisters and side missions)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaigns are not following the story of the movies. They are something that happens to your hero group, not the stories of the main characters of the Star Wars movies.

They are sort of what happens elsewhere in the universe stories, or potentially alternative histories of the universe.

The campaign structure is normally the following:

The campaign starts with a fixed story mission. Each story mission tells which story mission to put into play next. Between story missions you play side missions, which the rebel players select from two alternatives drawn from 10-12-card side mission deck built at the beginning of the campaign (see rulebook page 17 - You can get the rules reference guide from https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-imp...). A replacement side mission is drawn is drawn after each played side mission. Each full-length campaign is 11-14 missions.

Because there are a lot of side missions (and other factors) the campaign will never play the same. And there are soon 2 other full campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
Going by the recent releases, FFG threw the time period rule out of the window.

Just go with what pleases you.

And yeah, missions without a time period can be mixed in every campaign.

Is this official or is just for the new stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Old missions still have time period ranges if they previously had one, the campaigns still have time periods and the rules to include only missions and agenda sets of the correct time period ranges is still there. The new missions just don't have time periods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
a1bert wrote:
Old missions still have time period ranges if they previously had one, the campaigns still have time periods and the rules to include only missions and agenda sets of the correct time period ranges is still there. The new missions just don't have time periods.

But the only real purpose for time periods at all is to have a thematic game. Can't have Han Solo showing up when he's supposedly frozen in carbonite. But since they've blown that up with Wave 7, I see no issues with houseruling to ignore time period.

In other words; there's no balance reason for time periods, so you're not going to be throwing off gameplay by bringing in all side missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.