Subject: An app question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Christensen
Denmark
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I havn't tried the game, and havn't red the rules. My first thought of the app was very good, because of the random tiles and puzzels, but when I watched some playthrougs the app seems to do EVERYTHING. For my point of view the app seems like an game, you can watch be played physically.
So the boardgame feels kinda redundant in a way.

How does the boardgame actually contribute, other than look very good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are still several stacks of cards that aren't in the app. Also the app doesn't keep track of investigator, monster, or feature locations, as well as the individual investigator turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app does the minimum it could be doing to be worth having around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app doesn't keep track of player movement or monster movement on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foxhole wrote:
First of all, I havn't tried the game, and havn't red the rules. My first thought of the app was very good, because of the random tiles and puzzels, but when I watched some playthrougs the app seems to do EVERYTHING. For my point of view the app seems like an game, you can watch be played physically.
So the boardgame feels kinda redundant in a way.

How does the boardgame actually contribute, other than look very good?

The app doesn't keep track of your investigators (location/health/sanity/items), monsters (only health and which ones are still alive).

The board is where the game happens, the app is more like a reference for "what happens next?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The app does a nice job being the keeper, but I do have to admit that I catch myself playing the app most of the time. I have even forgot to update the board a couple times and had to catch it up later when I notice a token on the board that was not on the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app basically does what the Keeper had to do in the first edition, and nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Another point-of-view: the app is basically just an interactive DM Guide. So imagine playing something like Descent (a classic dungeon-crawler) and saying "it looks like everything takes place in the book - so what do we need the board for?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app is free. Download it and try to play a game and you will see what it does and does not do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.