$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Mansions of Madness app bug thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Hi folks,

I opened a thread over the FFG board to report bugs in the app. I got the greenlight from FFG, and this means the thread is pinned and they will monitor it. So, you may post all the bugs you find here (or you can mail support, as you prefer)

Thanks everyone for help!


Julia
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is meant purely as constructive criticism, but if companies want to get effective bug reports, it would be a useful thing for them to actually operate a bug reporting system (Jira, Redmine, Bugzilla, whatever one prefers) people could use, so that reports can be provided with the right information about platform, version, attach save files, etc.

Not everybody reports bugs effectively, but it really would help people that would/could to do that.

But thank you for doing this in any case, and I hope it helps.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Green
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting this up.

How long does it usually take moderators to approve posts...? I submitted a bug report but it hasn't shown up yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
More Mellotron wrote:
This is meant purely as constructive criticism, but if companies want to get effective bug reports, it would be a useful thing for them to actually operate a bug reporting system (Jira, Redmine, Bugzilla, whatever one prefers) people could use, so that reports can be provided with the right information about platform, version, attach save files, etc.

Not everybody reports bugs effectively, but it really would help people that would/could to do that.

But thank you for doing this in any case, and I hope it helps.


Internally yes, and they probably do use a system like that. But externally? Think of all the duplicates they'd receive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
TRK27 wrote:
Thanks for putting this up.

How long does it usually take moderators to approve posts...? I submitted a bug report but it hasn't shown up yet.


Not so sure I follow, sorry. Posts are usually unmoderated at first (you write, you post, it's published)

If you sent them by mail a bug report, it's not said they answer, but they read everything. Anyhoo, there should be a patch release this week
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:

Internally yes, and they probably do use a system like that. But externally? Think of all the duplicates they'd receive.


All they get now are duplicates minus the structure, details, attachments, etc.

Modern tools actually could essentially drive reports through a precise entry workflow, group them by scenario, etc.

Even a form that you fill out and generates an automated email would help.

There's virtually nothing web-based forums are good at, including being forums.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried the second scenario by myself to check on the reported issues. Had the game locked after Mob throws torch into the building and new monster appears, close to the end. Closed the app and reloaded the game and could keep playing although last turn had to be repeated. But managed to finish the game with no further issues.

There was also a minor bug of some monster movement instructions for the mob freezing in the monster selection screen about half game, but didnt seem to affect the game in any other way. Buttons became unclickable and it just stayed there for the whole game.

Playing on IOS, Ipad Mini One
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.