United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to this Excelsior-class release. It's almost a given that the mission will be to save the El-Aurians from the nexus, but I'm hoping for some unique mission/objective tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
All tech and weapon upgrades are free, but can not be used... unless it is a Tuesday.

I love the look of the Enterprise-B in the movie. Kinda like a beefed-up version of Excelsior. Any chance we get a bonus stat point somewhere and a (refit) tag?

We could have some really nice and thematic upgrades just from it's short screen time. Maybe something like:

Resonant Burst/Deflector Discharge: Tech Allows you to make an attack within your primary firing arc at Range 1 with the damage value of one of your discarded or disabled weapon upgrades.

Admiral Kirk: Discard Kirk to repair all critical damage to your ship.

Capt. Harriman: CS2 During the planning phase, you may elect to use the CS on the Captain side of any Admiral present aboard this ship for this round. You may not take an action during the action phase.

Demora Sulu: Crew During combat, after the deal damage step, if your ship takes any damage to it's hull, place an evade token beside your ship.

Dr. Soran: Independent Crew Add a tech slot to your ship. You do not pay any faction penalty for that upgrade. You do not pay a faction penalty for this card.

Probably another Scotty and another Chekov crew upgrades as well.

Hey... It could happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know if there's not a thematic upgrade related to the Tuesday gag, I'm gonna make a card that's okay by house rules. ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nlee04 wrote:
I love the look of the Enterprise-B in the movie. Kinda like a beefed-up version of Excelsior. Any chance we get a bonus stat point somewhere and a (refit) tag?

Probably not like we saw with the Constitution class, but I suppose it's possible that we could get a vessel variant upgrade or something. (Pleeease give us phaser upgrades.)

And, agreed, this pack had better go Tuesday-wild with the time tokens, or they've done something horribly wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If Wizkids were smart they would put a retail version of the Type 8 Phaser card in there.

Honestly it would be nice if somebody could pester Wizkids enough to get a proper wave release list for us to salivate over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would settle for a better excelsior model, but that's not going to happen.

I am hoping for a card that lets you put tech under it and enable said tech after removing time tokens or its Tuesday, whichever some first.

Ok maybe not the Tuesday part, but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Sharitt
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know yet whether or not we'll be getting a proper Excelsior refit model(wasn't the Lakota just a repaint of the Excelsior)? Or is this going to join my D7 as a model I have to proxy a Micromachine for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bsharitt wrote:
Do we know yet whether or not we'll be getting a proper Excelsior refit model(wasn't the Lakota just a repaint of the Excelsior)? Or is this going to join my D7 as a model I have to proxy a Micromachine for it?

Probably a new paint job only, it should probably look pretty much the same as the Lakota (which, btw, had the same "refit" features that the Ent-B did onscreen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you guys get it? The repainting is the refit.

... Yeah, I HOPE that's not really the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If we get an actual new miniature, it will be an indication that WK is really interested in putting more money into the game (and effort). If we just get another excelsior model, well then it won't indicate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the fact our new waves are dominated by repaints tells us our answer. I mean, I've got nothing against repaints in general. Its just that it feels the effort they're putting in isn't very much. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
I think the fact our new waves are dominated by repaints tells us our answer. I mean, I've got nothing against repaints in general. Its just that it feels the effort they're putting in isn't very much. shake

What would you have preferred? New Scimitar and Negh'var sculpts just for their own sake? Sure, a Tinyprise replacement would have been nice, but I'd argue that they've put a lot more effort into the rest of these ships than they needed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
EduSun Trebor wrote:

What would you have preferred? New Scimitar and Negh'var sculpts just for their own sake? Sure, a Tinyprise replacement would have been nice, but I'd argue that they've put a lot more effort into the rest of these ships than they needed to.

No, but I'd think they could have at least replaced the Constitution generic and movement cards with the ones that came with the Constellation and Intrepid packs?

Though honestly, I do kind of find the Scimitar repaint kind of a wasted slot for a wave release. I wouldn't have ordered it if one of my original Scims hadn't broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the thing to remember on the repaints is that they are necessary to allow new players to get a lot of the ships that the rest of us have had since the early days but were no longer readily available on the market. WK has to balance waves for veteran players with making the game accessible to the next generation of STAW players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough, but maybe return to 4 ships a wave, so we get a balance of new verus old ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Fair enough, but maybe return to 4 ships a wave, so we get a balance of new verus old ships?

Yeah, that would seem like a good approach. Two repaints and two new ships. And, while I know this thread is about the Enterprise-B, when in heck is WK going to get around to releasing...
???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh trust me, me too. ^^ "Yesterday's Enterprise" was a good time travel episode IMO, exploring the "For Want of a Nail" trope without overdoing it.

Edit: Just where is that image from anyway? STO?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly want that ship. But for now I'm just worried about how I can make my Movie Era Enterprise build after taking second for the classic movie event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Oh trust me, me too. ^^ "Yesterday's Enterprise" was a good time travel episode IMO, exploring the "For Want of a Nail" trope without overdoing it.

Edit: Just where is that image from anyway? STO?

Image from:
www.allscaletrek.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... I have found a source for some new desktop backgrounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh looky! You can add the Ent-B, Orassin, Calndra AND Scan Cycles resource to your lists now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm a little sad Harriman didn't get a higher Captain Skill, though I can see why. He's still rather untested when the B launches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On anything with a 180 his ability isn't that bad either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is true. I wonder if Lt. Kovut will be the generic Captain...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.