GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,383 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Giga-Robo!» Forums » General

Subject: Cosplaying the Ascalon Alpha in Armored Core! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools

I just had to. It's nice that there's a modelling table backdrop to put your designs on. Adds some authenticity, to help make up for some of the slightly "off" things about the model itself!

I was actually surprised to get something that both looks this close to the real design, AND has somewhat decent stats. The handgun is a burst-fire weapon that shoots a quick volley of 3 rounds (seemed like an appropriate stand-in for the rapid-fire nature of the Gladius), and the Xyston's role is played by a high-damage chargeable laser rifle. It also has a 6-lock missile system in the right shoulder.

There are some legitimate full-auto weapons I could have used to represent the Gladius, but that one has some utility benefits, and allows me to cover the game's full spread of damage types. All in all, it's a really fun machine to play with, even if it's not something I'd take with me into competitive play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.