Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Gill
msg tools
I want to play our first game of this this weekend, Any suggestions re learning to play? Tips for first game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Lundgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Little Willy wrote:
I want to play our first game of this this weekend, Any suggestions re learning to play? Tips for first game?
Add a good bit to the expected playtime. The estimates in the quest book are way on the low side and playing it the first time will probably take even longer.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont open doors, or even search, with the last character's last action. That's a surefire way to get people killed.

Despite the scary mini, runners are more dangerous than abominations.

More actions >anything else when it comes to skills.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric's advice is the best I've seen in only three lines.

Read the rulebook, then keep it handy in case you come across a situation where you have a question. These forums are full of what look like obvious questions, but it is easy to miss something.

Start from the beginning - the story, and the danger level, builds up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
Dont open doors, or even search, with the last character's last action. That's a surefire way to get people killed.

Despite the scary mini, runners are more dangerous than abominations.

More actions >anything else when it comes to skills.
I so want to point out all the (sometimes significant) corner cases where something above is wrong (extra dice are often better than extra turns for example) but it really is a great short list. I would instead add to it the following:

Open buildings early, waiting will make a bigger problem of it, but keep in mind rule 1.

Each character can only search once a turn, a turn without a search is a search lost forever, this is especially important early.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Try to share out the xp amongst your characters evenly. This keeps the zombie spawns down to a manageable level and stops people feeling "underpowered" towards the end-game when some are on the red level, and others are still struggling on yellow.

Capturing objectives which give 5xp are great for helping non-combat focused characters keep up the pace in the early game. (I'm looking at you search-based blue-skilled characters).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what everyone has written has been great so far, exellent advice! The only things I'd add, is never leave a character alone, having at least two together prevents silly deaths, no charging ahead and leaving the group, and your protecion behind! Second is zombie management, never let all of the sculpts for a certain type run out, extra activations are a killer!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Melriken wrote:
Cooperton wrote:
Dont open doors, or even search, with the last character's last action. That's a surefire way to get people killed.

Despite the scary mini, runners are more dangerous than abominations.

More actions >anything else when it comes to skills.
I so want to point out all the (sometimes significant) corner cases where something above is wrong (extra dice are often better than extra turns for example) but it really is a great short list. I would instead add to it the following:

Open buildings early, waiting will make a bigger problem of it, but keep in mind rule 1.

Each character can only search once a turn, a turn without a search is a search lost forever, this is especially important early.


Yeah, there's a bunch of corner cases where the things I said aren't necessarily true. But the op will learn about them through playing. :-)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strategy tips that I have found:

1) Try to open as many doors (as necessary) in blue. Even if it means open and then move away.
2) Try to get a vault weapon ASAP (if possible for the quest). Vault weapons are super-powerful, especially for early on in the game, and are more reliable to get than searching.
3) As mentioned above, avoid searching or opening doors as the survivor's last action, unless you've got a lot of allies with you that still have to go and are right there. It is horrible if you spawn some wolfz in the space just inside the door (or worse IMO, 2 spaces in where they can't easily be seen).
4) Try to spread out the XP to avoid getting to Yellow/Orange for as long as possible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.