$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Query about reliability of ozgameshop.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I'm considering ordering a couple of games from ozgameshop.com

Do any of you have experience with this company or could give me recommendation?

Cheers

Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are my first choice when ordering games online. Great prices usually, and always reliable. Games arrive in about a week and well-packed. Go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I've ordered from them in the past and had zero problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Daniel - never had a problem and depending what it is they are often the cheapest. If you do - use code CAKE at checkout to get 10% back as 'player points' (basically store credit) . They always have player points but usually it is a lower %. Probably a day or 2 left on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ordered video games from them rather than board games, but never had a problem - good prices (especially when the AUD was a bit stronger) and timely delivery.

The only issue that I might raise, and this is common to any overseas seller, is that it can be harder to get issues sorted out than if you buy from a local retailer. If the order is faulty then you are entitled to a replacement or refund at no cost, but you will still have to post the item back at your own expense and claim a refund from the seller for the cost of postage. The cost of returning a board game overseas can be substantial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Alexander
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
beef
badge
sack
mbmbmbmbmb
Have ordered dozens of video games and board games and very impressed with their prices and services.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered several board games from them, and only had good experiences. The only caveat is their prices aren't always that good, and while the pound is down it's worth checking out 365games.co.uk, which seems to be the same people, same stock just with prices in GBP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Never had a problem from multiple buys. Only warning is to make sure you pay by PayPal not credit card. Even though the prices are in $A on the site, it'll go through a British bank and you'll be charged a currency conversion fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Packing has been a bit skimpy, but so far we have only had very minor damage to some box corners - I have paid full retail for games in worse shape, purchased from shops. Otherwise, service is excellent, parcels have all arrived within 2 weeks. 9/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hibbert
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many other commenters, I too have ordered many games through them and have never had any issues. They are my first choice usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azrael 188
Australia
flag msg tools
I have ordered a number of board games from them. Delivery is surprising quick. Took less than 2 weeks considering its probably coming from UK.

The products are usually packaged with bubblewrap so that it keeps in good condition.

Also stay on the lookout for coupons typically 10% off or equivalent in points earned based on spend (redeemable discount for future purchases). Its "CAKE" at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto, when the GFC drove exchange rates in Aussie game buyers favor I went bezerk. I've probably bought 50 things from them over the last 5 years. Very reliable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can be slow, had a few things come mildly dented, but the prices are worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean H
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same experience here, slight delays, packaging variable (but never bad), but generally always positive. My first stop is always Advent now (service and delivery is now excellent IMO) or Unhalfbricking, but if the price margin is too great I go to these guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses guys, I've now got Exodus: Proxima Centauri and Exodus: Edge of Extinction winging their way to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had no problem ordering from them, and most things arrive within one week.

They have a good range of stuff in stock, and usually beat any Aussie shops (online or bricks and mortar) to get new stuff available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tori Haar
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Have had an issue a couple of times with them failing to find apartments and sending things back to the UK when the address was correct and expressed clearly. However if this has occurred they've always been helpful and either refunded or resent the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.