3 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Dice results comparison tool rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Ramey
msg tools
IA Weapon Comparison

A while back I made this dice chart as a tool to use for making some custom characters. I never got around to finishing any characters but this chart has become a nice tool to use when deciding on weapons to buy between rounds. You can select two or three dice and it will give you the frequency percentage for each area (Damage, Surge, Range) as well as some useful statistics.

Minimum, maximum, average, Mode, and %>=Mode

%>=Mode is the chance that the outcome will be greater than or equal to the most frequently occurring outcome. It tells you whether the outcomes are skewed either high or low. In the example below for the blue and red dice, the chances of rolling 3 damage or higher is 80%.

The boxes 1, 2, and 3 are drop downs. Just select which die you want for each box and everything calculates automatically. There are two columns so you can see a side by side comparison. It only compares the odds of the dice, so you still have to take the special attributes of the weapons into consideration, but I still find this to be a useful tool.

I have excel for iOS and it works pretty nicely on my phone.

Hope you guys find this helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have excel on my mac. This does look to be nicely done, suggestions on how I could get it to work for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Ramey
msg tools
Go to office.live.com you create a Microsoft account and you can view excel sheets online for free. That's how I use it on my iPhone. Just download the excel app and sign in to your account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.