Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to play my first game tomorrow of the first scenario. It is most likely going to be just 2p. I was just wondering if we should just play 1 investigator each, or if game play would be improved (as it is in Arkham and Eldritch) if we both played two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It scales well so two still feels tense. More just scales up and gives you more to manage. I enjoyed two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played two investigator and three. I like three just because I can spread out and explore the map a little quicker but I still love 2 investigators. The thing to consider is if you play with three or more when you get an insane card it is possible that you will be against the other investigator ect. Which isn't a bad thing just something to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stick with two. The Insanity cards work better if you're just playing with one investigator each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
I have played two investigator and three. I like three just because I can spread out and explore the map a little quicker but I still love 2 investigators. The thing to consider is if you play with three or more when you get an insane card it is possible that you will be against the other investigator ect. Which isn't a bad thing just something to think about.

The insanity cards are based on player number not investigator number so it shouldn't matter how many investigators you control when you are playing solo you would only use the 1+ insanity cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
sithknight19 wrote:

The insanity cards are based on player number not investigator number so it shouldn't matter how many investigators you control when you are playing solo you would only use the 1+ insanity cards.

This is true, but there is an element of tension that breaks when you feel like you have a "back-up" investigator. Even though if 1 dies, you're basically screwed. Playing just 1 allows you to really feel like you could be the investigator, and being a game about theme and narrative, that's probably the better experience.

More investigators starts to make it feel a bit "gamey" to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, everyone! We ended up playing with 2 investigators and I agree - that was the right choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.