Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Strategy

Subject: The Raid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
I used the 'Take them by surprise' power card to do a tricky little move yesterday.

I had captured Mon Mothma but then lost every unit in the system except for 1 star destroyer. The rebel player held the planet

So I used that power card in the assignment phase and moved in a fleet with a bunch of stormtroopers. A couple of casualties each were taken in the ground battle then I instantly retreated taking Mon Mothma with me, and she was suddenly on a heavily militarised world with a huge fleet and a leader already present, meaning the only chance of a rescue was from a mission card.

I was proud of this gambit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, you can't take captured leaders with you when you retreat. Nice idea, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
Obscure rule is obscure - I just found it under 'Captured Leaders' but not under 'Retreats', which is STUPID!!

Damnit

It was the thing I just did so I'll reverse it (game is unfinished)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah some rules arent cross-referenced which makes it sometimes difficult to see how it relates with other rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
I always thought a super crafty way to use that ability would be to attack a system from a subjugated system, then retreat to attack a potentially not-well defended Rebel Base... Or you just end up somewhere and rule it out as the rebel base!

Could be quite risky unless you have it quite narrowed down to a few systems left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opponent has used catch them by surprise to move my captured leader to a system i could not attack (too far, or well garrisoned).
I had my whole turn built on rescuing the leader, that was no fun.

no retreat tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
It would be too hard to free a leader that way. Just retreat and they are safe. It's the same reason why the Death Star can't retreat. It makes Death Star Plans much less powerful. It's a happy match that it fits the fluff, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
It would be too hard to free a leader that way. Just retreat and they are safe. It's the same reason why the Death Star can't retreat. It makes Death Star Plans much less powerful. It's a happy match that it fits the fluff, however.

I am confused:
1. when retreating you can't take a captured leader with you.
2. the fact that the DS can't retreat is usually good for the rebels. it allows them more passes with the plans, also the Empire can't make the DS make double moves that are possible in other scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.