Dynasties: Heirate & Herrsche» Forums » Variants

Subject: Round Draw action cards instead of Random distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule for action cards distribution is "Random distribution"

We have played the game several times and found that some players are very unlucky that he just cannot do what actions he prefer. Or sometimes even he cannot do any actions (he do not have ship action or character card actions and just have prince & duchess actions) The worst case is that he got a pink resource at start and he cannot even do prince & duchess actions)

Even there is "Skip" action for player to take resource from bag, but its cost is too high. (I need to discard a "action card" to draw a "random resource" and wait a "whole turn") I have already lost a action. Even I have draw a good resource, I may lose the first chance to do action.

So that we have made a home rules that we Round Draw our action cards instead of Random distribution.

Round Draw: Just like "Agricola", the setup of 7 Occupation cards & 7 Minor improvement cards

We found that it is more fair and the game got more strategy. We enjoy to have this home rule so that we write here to suggest you to use this rules too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Pacq
Italy
Novara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i remember correctly there was a mistake in the translation and at the beginning of the game each players receive 1 resource of each kind not a randomly single one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias C.
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lollosven wrote:
(...) at the beginning of the game each players receive 1 resource of each kind not a randomly single one.

That's correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OH!
Thank you for your information.
I will try it next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.