Subject: Economic warfare strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Paetz
United States
Shaker Heights
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Do any players have strategies for how and when to conduct strategic economic warfare, or not at all?

I'm talking U-Boats and Kondor attacks on the convoys, medium and heavy bomber attacks on factories, blockading Swedish ore, and also strategies for forcing your opponent to commit precious commands in response.

These strategies may not directly help you occupy your target victory cities, but if they are properly done at the right time, they should deprive your opponent of strength and possibly offensive options in the form of commands.

How do you balance this aspect of the game against building large offensive ground and air forces needed to seize your victory targets?

Will that sub or bomber point cost my opponent more than it did to build and deploy it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools
To me the 3 subs and the condor unit are a must have as the axis.
The subs are a very cheap and flexible costal defense option and every convoy point you destroy ( which is pretty easy ) costs the Brits dearly.

As the Axis sporadic bomber attacks ( against undefended factories or even lightly defended factories during winter) keeps the allied player on its toes.

Dont know much about the allied side since I never had a game going longer than 41 until the last one.
Right now summer 43.
The subs are still going strong and the condor helps a lot in the Med right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.