Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday during a play I found that the english "Card and Faction Mat guide", and also the italian one, display a different text than the "real" card.

At point 1 of the Encounter card 12, the guides says: "Gain 2 Wood and 1 Popularity"

... but on the printed card - the "real" card - it is written: "Gain 2 Food and 1 Popularity"

... the Spanish guide says the same as the "real" card... 2 Food.

So now I'm a little bit confused. If a typo is present, where is it? Into the "real" card or on the guides?

Thanks,
Alberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto,

No doubt David Studley or Morten will be along soon, but I would have to say that the card will always take precedence over what is found in any rulebook.

Ciao,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with Joe here. I'll also add that wood seems to make the most sense here considering what the picture shows.
And at least the German version also says wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Alberto,

No doubt David Studley or Morten will be along soon, but I would have to say that the card will always take precedence over what is found in any rulebook.

Ciao,
Joe

I think we should leave this one to Jamey, I actually don't know what he intended in this case.

He should be up in a few hours, but he might be slower than usual, since I don't know whether he's all caught up after GenCon. Personally I still haven't caught up after my three week vacation. Damn there's been a lot of emails and BGG threads to go through .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Vitali
Italy
Casalecchio di Reno
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two of them have sense...

Food - the people offer You a field lunch for Your help (so the 2 Food resources)

Wood - While helping the woodcutters You collected some wood for Yourself (so the 2 Wood resources)

... (W)ood or (F)ood - here lies the error (into the brackets)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in Tabletopia it is (W)ood. Scythe has strong attachement to the theme (lack of any text on encounter cards, just pictures is example). So since you are helping to cut trees, you will get wood as a reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
While we're on the topic of typos on the encounter cards, there's one of them where the description says the wind "tussles your long, flowing hair". I've been assuming this was supposed to be "tousles", although I can admit that, being in possession of long, flowing hair, describing the wind as physically fighting with it isn't that far off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
While we're on the topic of typos on the encounter cards, there's one of them where the description says the wind "tussles your long, flowing hair". I've been assuming this was supposed to be "tousles", although I can admit that, being in possession of long, flowing hair, describing the wind as physically fighting with it isn't that far off.

Interesting. I had also thought it was "tussle", but then again, I'm not a native English speaker and I enjoy to learn more about the meaning of English words.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked back at the PnP file I made available during Kickstarter, and there it says "2 wood." However, it's quite possible I changed it after doing one final check for balance between the encounter cards--I don't remember. Either way, it's food now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:

Huh, I wouldn't know about that... whistlerobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RavenMad
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I looked back at the PnP file I made available during Kickstarter, and there it says "2 wood." However, it's quite possible I changed it after doing one final check for balance between the encounter cards--I don't remember. Either way, it's food now!

Given this, I like Alberto's thematic explanation:

sbaracleto wrote:

Food - the people offer You a field lunch for your help

A field lunch it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.