Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

London» Forums » General

Subject: Want to confirm: No English individual card list aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi all,

I've just purchased London used; the cards are in plastic and the pieces not punched, but the game was not in shrink wrap.

In addition to the 3 rules books in English, French and German, was a double sided (French/German) card, listing all the cards with some explanation about them. This matches the information presented in the rule books. There was no English card aid present.

Following several other threads, it seems originally this French/German aid was a printing of the back cover of the rules, which was a mistake, and that it should have been explanations of the cards for French/German speakers since the cards are printed in English. This makes perfect sense and is the printing I appear to have.

I'd like to double confirm that there was never an individual aid listing the cards with explanations, in English, and that I'm not missing anything.

And if this is the case, out of interest, why? Such an aid would seem handy. I realise this information is in the rules, but the same argument applies to both French and German - they can just use the rule book. Additionally, both the card and rules (they contain exactly the same information) appear to explain more than what's printed on the cards. The rule book is also awkwardly spanning a double sided page, whereas the aid is on a single side.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my copy is like yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks Chris; so to confirm, in a new retail copy of London you received the French/German (double sided) card list player aid but NO English equivalent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a sheet with French on one side and German on the other, copying the back page of the rule book. I do not have one for English. It is not a card list though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You have an older edition / printing:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/6281403#6281403

From what's said there, I doubt an English card was ever included, but I just wanted to double check. I still don't fully understand the rationale as to why this choice was made. I appreciate that the cards are in English, but the information in the manual has more details about the cards that is not printed on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.