Subject: Yet another set of painted Rivets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seriously late to this party, but nevertheless... here are my first few painted Rivets.

I'm not entirely happy with the bases yet, but I'm happy with how the figures themselves turned out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started painting these figures a few months ago myself so you're not the only one late to the party. You did a really good job with the eyes and 5 o'clock shadow. I wound up just giving my dudes black beady eyes, couldn't get the pupils and irises right at that size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the black eyed look better. I swear it has nothing to do with my painting skills (or lack there of).

+1 for black beady eyes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehheh.

Thanks folks. It's been fun to paint these so far, and I'm halfway done the Blight infantry too. Can't wait to move onto the bigger stuff and then, the Mechs.

I splurged on this back in the spring when I first stumbled across Rivet Wars and bought... well... everything. Well, except the Kickstarter exclusive stuff. Those aside, I'll be painting my way bit by bit through the entire Rivet Wars inventory as the year progresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed looking at these. I like the attention to detail like the rust stains on the helmets. I'm looking forward to seeing your future works
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of picture of the Blight infantry.

I actually found these guys more difficult than the first batch; the faces are "busy" with moustaches and beards, and often have weapons held up close, so it made it a bit harder to work with them and achieve the effect I as after; I'm still not completely satisfied.

The helmets were also hard to weather; I actually overdid it and restarted the helmets from scratch; "cartoon" wear is more effective for these guys than more realistic and comprehensive dirt, I think. Lesson learned.

Next up; some more complicated first vehicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I wasn't content with those done-and-redone Blight infantry, so I painted a new batch of nine. In August I bought someone's Blitzkrieg box on eBay (not the whole Blitzkrieg pledge, just one the box including the unique stuff) so I have some spares...

This is a new set, and a cleaner job since I knew what I was doing from the outset.

I'm just about done a pair of Allied artillery, and may circle back and do another batch of infantry before moving on past that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight I finished my two Allied Artillery. These were a lot of fun to paint. Unlike the infantry, these definitely needed to be removed from the base to paint properly. (Well, I guess I could have cut off the artillery piece and left the little crew guy on the big base while painting him.)

Incidentally, here's the same artillery after their initial painting, but before the real weathering. They were also still in need of a second shot of Dullcoat, so they're a bit shiny:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocket bikes!

Slowly working my way up to that Ostrich...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Parman (this guy was fun).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M2 Wolverine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BETSY preview!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Betsy Preview II... still awaiting her scenic base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.