Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this kind of idea, but here we go.
Oftentimes I am a bit disappointed by how young (not necessarily by age but new to boardgaming) users are hyping games that actually aren't that good (or innovative or special in any way). I understand that, if one doesn't know that many games or hasn't been in gaming for a significant amount of time, one probably just doesn't know what a very good rating should be reserved for.
Or to put it another way: I am more interested in the ratings of experienced users.
Now here is my question:
Is there a way that I can filter the ratings of BGG users so that I only get the data input of users with, let's say, 200+ games owned or rated?
That would be quite interesting.
Thanks
Stephan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I am already using my geek buddies exactly that way.
I was just looking for an automated way, since adding 200+ long-timers to your geek buddies seems to be very arduous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekbuddies is a solution, but the longer you game the less interesting/relevant the rating system becomes. Currently I've got 137 games where my rating is at least 2 points different from BGG's rating and my highest ranked game barely makes BGG's top 200.

A better source for finding interesting games is imho looking at what games get mentioned in the forums by people who's taste you trust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.