Subject: Mancala games: Sungka, Congkak & Dakon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a reply to a thread on the Mancala forum I asked if these 3 are different enough to require individual entries on BGG. Is anyone able to provide an argument for either for or against this? I'd like to add Sungka or Sungka/Congkak to the database since I've played Sungka and would like to record my plays (it also seems like a reasonably significant omission for from BGG)

zabdiel wrote:

I have been meaning to add Sungka since I have played it a fair number of times (though I didn't know that's what it was called until recently).

Are Congkak & Sungka actually different games? I've read the descriptions of Sungka & Congkak on awale.info and as far as I can tell the rules are the same - the differences seem to be in the cultural history & designs of the boards.

Dakon also seems very similar - the only difference being a non-simultaneous start. Wikipedia has a single article for all three games (in English at least).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.