Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to double check on the Minister of Coin's ability. The card states that the text effect of the first building card you play is auto-triggered (even if the respective die is a 3). Does this mean you get to build the first card you play for free? Or just carry out the text effect?

Love the game! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to start construction for free. The ability of the building is only available after construction is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply. That's what I assumed, but wanted to double check. It makes the Minister of Coin very appealing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was the Minister of Coin on the last game we played. We were all a little confused by this. I think we may have played it wrong.

My first turn I played a white building with a trigger cost of 5 black. Since I was the Minister it triggers thus I don't lose the building, correct?

However, after it is constructed on the next turn do I still have to have the 5 influence on black to use the ability? It was a white card that had an ongoing ability to increase influence by one is die was 0 or 1. Since it is triggered we figured I didn't need 5 on black for that building anymore. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. The trigger on a building is only for when you want to start construction. Once it is built you can use it regardless of your level on any track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, So we did play it correctly.
Yes, it is a powerful ability with the right first building. For example, that white building I built. With the Minister's first character action and that building I could jump up three spots on a track in one turn if needed. Unfortunately that is what got me hung also I went too high too early on the red track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those big early plays can put a big target on your back.

Need to lay low sometimes ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost won. I was almost 20 points ahead of second. But 2 points ahead in treason. I had a card to remove two treason cards on the last round but I wasn't able to play it.

I lost because I ended up in first on two tracks and never got a whisper of my own. Those whispers were the killers once I was ahead on two tracks. I didn't want to be first on two tracks. But after I was first no one else passed me on those two. They just kept staying tied on the others. I was forced first on the red track.

I didn't see any cards to reduce my influence on a track. I know some existed because one person traded places with me on another track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could the Minister of Coin please speak to the Minister of Delivery and ask him to send my copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Meyer

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jerry,

The pallet of games arrived at Gen Con when we were at Gen Con.

They are shipping to our KS fulfillment company this week. I personally shipped the extra characters from the stretch goals and the coins to our fulfillment company this week.

As soon as they get them, they will start shipping to the KS backers.

After the KS backers are fulfilled, we will then make the games available to distribution.

On a side note, I play Minister of Coin most often. What I find is that you have to be careful with that first free building. If you play it too soon, you end up scoring too many points too early and you will get targeted by other players and be beheaded. Also if you play it too soon, someone will play a legion card that destroys your building.

Good times, good times...

Thanks,
Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.