Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Benz
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

After having done all mechs, all structures, all enlistments and all upgrades may I repeatedly take bottom actions just in order to get the revenue??? Greetings bpsyc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you sure can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Landry" Lieve
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd still have to spend the resources though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elephantgirl wrote:
You'd still have to spend the resources though?

Indeed you would. The cost is the same, even if you're only getting coins and no mechs, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
That's 4 of your 6 stars. Surely there isn't much game left at this point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's just down to you to decide if you think your popularity multiplier of 2 resources (at end of game) is worth more or less than trading them in for coins on a bottom row action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bpsyc wrote:
Hi,

After having done all mechs, all structures, all enlistments and all upgrades may I repeatedly take bottom actions just in order to get the revenue??? Greetings bpsyc

If anyone is looking for this in the rules, it's on page 14.

'COMPLETING ACTIONS: Eventually you may "complete" a bottom-row action (e.g., with the Upgrade action, at some point you may have nothing more to upgrade). After that point you may continue to pay the cost of the action to gain the coins (and the recruit bonus, if applicable).'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Yep, it's just down to you to decide if you think your popularity multiplier of 2 resources (at end of game) is worth more or less than trading them in for coins on a bottom row action.

QFT.

I've done the coins-only bottom row actions a few times, but unless you've gotten the high-paying action down to one resource cost, it may not be worth it by that point in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pairs of resources can be worth 1, 2 or 3 at the end of the game, so unless you're in the highest popularity you won't lose anything plus the resources can't get stolen. As was mentioned, if you get certain boards, it can be more efficient, for example in my last game I had the Patriotic board
with the Deploy action fully upgraded - this mean you get 3 coins for one metal - a better deal than the point on max popularity, or break-even if it leaves you with an odd resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.