Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
They playin'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The defence plan card 'Farlorn's Hope' reads:

"Kill any number of your Units in the Courtyard to kill enemy Units of equal Strength at 1 foreground - but- Discard these Units. They do not go to the Hospital
"

I initially considered this to be very weak card; defenders are precious while attackers die in the droves so sacrificing a Veteran, for example, to kill just 3 strength of enemy units all they way at the rear in the foreground was nothing compared to what they could achieve on the walls.

But then I thought maybe the equal strength meant that to kill a strength 1 defender, I can kill ALL enemy units that have a strength EQUAL to 1 ie. 1 sacrificed Archer would kill ALL the Goblins at one of the foregrounds as they have an individual strength equal to 1 also.

Is this wishful thinking? Is this card useful anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You add up strength and kill units adding up to equal strenght. So if you kill one soldier and one archer that equals three goblins, one goblin and one orc or one troll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boombastix
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
They playin'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was dreading. I really can't see how this would be a viable card. Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Diehl
United States
Grand Terrace
California
flag msg tools
mb
I guess it depends if you're trying to survive that last round and need to defeat three power of units to do that ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.