5 Posts

Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on killing enemies and spawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Russell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My interpretation of the rules here is that when a locust is killed, it is removed from the map and returned to the appropriate pool. If a locust activation card or an omen causes a new locust to spawn, it comes from the pool.

So - for example,

There are 6 wretches on the table and one is killed during my round. So there are now 5 on the table and 1 'off the map' back in the A pool.

During an locust activation attack involving 2 wretches, both get an omen. The first omen spawns the locust that I've just put into the pool. The second omen doesn't spawn anything.

ORRRRRR

Is it once a locust is killed, it's removed entirely and that figure can never be re-used, meaning that if I kill 6 wretches in the emergence map stage 1 - there will never be any more wretches spawning....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Csepregi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"...when a locust is killed, it is removed from the map and returned to the appropriate pool."

This. The locusts from the pool can re-spawn again and again.

Also, please note the following part of the rules:

"If there are not enough Locust figures of a specified type,
players must instead spawn the most powerful figure
type available (i.e., Spawn a “C” figure if able, otherwise
“B” followed by “A”). If all “A”, “B” and “C” figures are in play,
then no Locust figure is spawned."

So a locust will spawn even if there are no more figures of the needed type in the pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks - sounds like we were playing properly.

I'm assuming that if the activation spawns a pool A locust and there are no pool A left - then nothing spawns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretch card states that if all Wretches are already in play, the omen has no effect, but otherwise correct.

To the OP, no, if say an AI card say spawn Locust A and no As are left, you spawn a Locust C. Yes, it'll suck, hard, so thin the horde.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always spawn if you have on in the pool. Your first sentece was correct.

If you don't have enough of those type, you must spawn the locust one level more powerful (Spawn a C figure. If you can't, a B, then an A). If there's no Locust of any type, don't spawn.

Page 15 of the manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.