Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much is a Perfect Token worth when scoring after a Wipeout?
Suppose the Perfect Token is on your highest point card, so it will get scored. Is it still worth +1 point for every card in the Score Pile? Or is the Score Pile considered to be just the one high point card after a Wipeout? In the latter case, the Perfect Token would be worth just +1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it as just giving you a single point, treating the final score pile as a single card (your highest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there! When scoring a perfect token - it's worth the total number of cards in your score pile. So if you wipe out with 3 cards in your score pile, the perfect token would be worth 3 points.

Does that clear things up? -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is certainly a clean rule, Cody, thanks! It means the score pile stays the same number of cards, even in the event of a wipeout. And the Perfect token's worth is derived from that number. That's a very clean approach!

Strategically speaking, it means it's worth it to catch your perfect waves with a high number (if possible), since in the event of a wipeout, you might still score big because of the Perfect token!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say to put the Perfect token on the card used to catch the wave. In the case of a wipeout, you only score tokens on the highest card. So, the Perfect token scores only if that card was the highest, correct?

A related question: Do you have to score the card with the highest printed value or can you choose the card that gives you the most points after adding tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
The rules say to put the Perfect token on the card used to catch the wave. In the case of a wipeout, you only score tokens on the highest card. So, the Perfect token scores only if that card was the highest, correct?

A related question: Do you have to score the card with the highest printed value or can you choose the card that gives you the most points after adding tokens?

You will only count the perfect token if it is on the card that scores.

For the second part of your question I'm actually not sure. Likely Cody will be back through the forums in a bit and can clear that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:

No - not according to Cody:
Sasachaz wrote:
Hey there! When scoring a perfect token - it's worth the total number of cards in your score pile. So if you wipe out with 3 cards in your score pile, the perfect token would be worth 3 points.

Does that clear things up? -Cody

GSReis wrote:

I'm not sure. The rulebook doesn't say to use the highest "printed value" card, like it does in other sections.

Personally, I would be inclined to allow the player to choose which card they score. So I would let them choose a 1-value card + barrel wave token over a 3-value card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
Sasachaz wrote:

That is in no way conclusive. He's only explaining how the token is scored (if it is scored), not saying that it is always scored, although the lack of the if-clause was what prompted my question. The rules explicitly say to put the Perfect token on the card used to catch the wave. If it were always scored, there would be no reason to do that. But rules text is not always without flaws, so let's wait for Cody's clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Adria wrote:
Sasachaz wrote:

That is in no way conclusive. He's only explaining how the token is scored (if it is scored), not saying that it is always scored, although the lack of the if-clause was what prompted my question. The rules explicitly say to put the Perfect token on the card used to catch the wave. If it were always scored, there would be no reason to do that. But rules text is not always without flaws, so let's wait for Cody's clarification.

You're right - it's not. I didn't go back to the top of the page and read the specific wording of the initial question that Cody responded do. My bad. blush

I should probably stay out of rules forums while fighting a 2.5 day old headache...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.