3 Posts

Eclipse: Shadow of the Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using Deep Warp Nexus without Anomalies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
Like any other expansion stuff Nexus and Anomalies are modules that you don't need to put at the same time. Does it mean that I could use Deep Warps without addition of Anomalies (which could be little intimidating for some players)? Nexus seems like interesting addition and I don't think that it is too powerful even without risk of losing to mighty NPC's. I would like to try it alone in first play. What do you think? Rules don't say anything about it and there is some ambiguity what constitute a module and what not but at the same time rules do encoruage variants and self-adjustment of the elements from expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't play it without anomalies. That would be like playing with double ancient hexes with no ancients. Instead just play with stationary anomalies. Then new players don't need to worry about them coming at them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, now that I have actually read all the Deep Warp Portal and Anomaly rules, the Anomalies exist to essentially be the "cost" for having access to the super good Deep Warp Sector. So using the Deep Warp Sector without the Anomalies is just giving someone lucky free access to the super good Deep Warp Sector.

On the upside, you can freely choose between the simple Anomalies (that don't move and are basically just big piles of rift cannons and hull) or the complicated ones (that move and kill planets sometimes, but also are worth more VPs if you kill them) when you put them in play (person who discovers the Deep Warp Portal gets to pick a random Anomaly and then choose the side to play), so you can always just pick the simple one, which means you just have to go kill it, and then kill the ones that are still in the Nexus hex to get the Nexus hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.