$35.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Kanagawa» Forums » General

Subject: card sleeve & number of cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
park sangjun
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
what card sleeve(size) is using for?

and number of cards?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 72 cards total, 60x60mm.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
park sangjun
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
daloester wrote:
There are 72 cards total, 60x60mm.


thanks!

that's not common size.

swan sleeve 60x60 only...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. S.
Germany
Münster
-
flag msg tools
mb
I tried Swan sleeves. They were super tight I could barely get the cards into the sleeves. Because of the tightness the haptic feel was very very bad (sticky). I decided to not use the sleeves. So I cannot recommend this option.

It's a bit of a shame that they didn't go for the standard 70x70 size.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoM Lauzon
Canada
Saint-Lazare
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just Trimmed Premium Mayday Euro at 2.5in and works like magic :-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Casey
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Domostie wrote:
Just Trimmed Premium Mayday Euro at 2.5in and works like magic :-)


Took a little effort but this worked nicely. Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Daley
United States
Wappingers Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried this. The sleeves were too tight and caused the card to dish and bend when I tried inserting it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
quick_nick wrote:
Just tried this. The sleeves were too tight and caused the card to dish and bend when I tried inserting it.

Oh no Do you need/want a replacement deck?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Morrise
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paynentt wrote:
what card sleeve(size) is using for?

I just sleeved my copy with Swan Panasia SWN-506, which are "thick" sleeves custom made for Zombie Town, 60mm x 80mm. The width fits perfectly and of course the tops require trimming. I first tried Mayday Magnum sleeves for The Dwarf King (French Tarot Sized) 61mm x 112mm but I felt like they were too flimsy, although the fit was very good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Daley
United States
Wappingers Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
quick_nick wrote:
Just tried this. The sleeves were too tight and caused the card to dish and bend when I tried inserting it.

Oh no :( Do you need/want a replacement deck?


No they weren't permanently damaged (thank you, though) but I was looking at the premium Dungeon Petz sized sleeves that Mayday puts out. Trimming them down with the paper trimmer might be ideal for this game. I will let you know how it turns out. :)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Domostie wrote:
Just Trimmed Premium Mayday Euro at 2.5in and works like magic :-)

How did you trim? A paper cutter? If so, how many sleeves did you trim at a time? I think it would be hard for me to get the cuts to be uniform and the varying cut lengths would drive me nuts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreschulz wrote:
I tried Swan sleeves. They were super tight I could barely get the cards into the sleeves. Because of the tightness the haptic feel was very very bad (sticky). I decided to not use the sleeves. So I cannot recommend this option.

It's a bit of a shame that they didn't go for the standard 70x70 size.


Were yours thick or thin?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the 160 thin sleeves from Swan Panasia and the majority seem to fit nice and snug without bending the cards. A few sleeves did bend the cards so I threw those out.

There are only 72 cards and 160 sleeves so there are more than enough to ensure that the whole game gets sleeved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MoviinTarget wrote:
I purchased the 160 thin sleeves from Swan Panasia and the majority seem to fit nice and snug without bending the cards. A few sleeves did bend the cards so I threw those out.

There are only 72 cards and 160 sleeves so there are more than enough to ensure that the whole game gets sleeved.

Which sleeves exactly, and where did you buy them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Berg
Sweden
Växjö
Kronoberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
MoviinTarget wrote:
I purchased the 160 thin sleeves from Swan Panasia and the majority seem to fit nice and snug without bending the cards. A few sleeves did bend the cards so I threw those out.

There are only 72 cards and 160 sleeves so there are more than enough to ensure that the whole game gets sleeved.

Which sleeves exactly, and where did you buy them?


I believe these are the ones MoviinTarget got:

https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/collections/standard-slee...

I usually buy from Smiling Monster in Germany since I'm living in Sweden, it does save a lot on shipping, and no custom fees.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.