Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be running Scenario 14, A Fork in the Road, from the Road to Carentan at Advance the Colors on Saturday, October 1st, in the 9am slot. 2-6 players. Hoping to run this more as a regular game than as a demo, so it would be great if some of the Southwest Ohio area players can make it.

Tom Oxley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For more about Advance the Colors, check out http://www.hmgsgl.org/conventions/advance-the-colors/.

Tom Oxley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Roderick
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, my son and I can make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't make Sunday, but will probably be there for awhile on Saturday. This is a great little con in a wonderful location!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 21 years it has been running, I think I have missed 3 of them. The first one because I didn't know about it, one that fell on an anniversary and one that conflicted with the wife's plans. Been running games at them for the last 10 years or so, so you may have seen one of my games. I'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure, not sure about Sunday myself. If you are interested, there is the Dawn Patrol at the Air Force Museum on Saturday and Sunday, when they host the bi-plane fly in. I want to game on Friday and Saturday and watch planes on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to Dawn Patrol two years ago...it was great! I looked on line much earlier this year for that event and couldn't find anything so assumed it was not being offered...probably won't be able to make that this year either shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game went off well enough - biggest problem was having 5 players who had never played before and the 6th having played 3 or 4 demo games without any special stuff, and he got the rifle grenadier team. German win, in a big way, with all 3 US players being eliminated, and the youngest player being the last US player on the table, pulling a Sergeant Rock sort of thing, killing one German infantryman with a shot just before 2 more hit him in the flank with close assault, where he killed the first one before being killed by the second. 2 of the Germans succeeded in completing their orders, and those two hung around to discus game details such as cost and where they could get it, so I think that means there may be 2 converts to the system while the rest were just trying out something new to them. There will be a new game day in February, DayCon, to be held in Fairborn, so I'll post again when I sort out what I will be doing there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got any pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always so involved in running the game I don't remember to take pics. I think somebody else did for HMGS Great Lakes, so I'll look at their pics and copy one if I find it. Sorry about that.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.