Cthulhu's Vault» Forums » General

Subject: Cthulhu's Vault rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Gerstner
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
There are images of the game on BGG in a tin. Now that this item is being sold by Ultra Pro, the images on their website show the game in a carboard box. Did the original Jolly Roger's version come in a tin, or was that a kickstarter exclusive?

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=3599

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2573986/cthulhus-vault

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that all Jolly Roger editions should be (barely fitting) in the tin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The original was in a Tin, which is nice, but teh 2nd edition is even nicer in my opinion. The move from Tin to Box actually isa good one. Holds everything better and fits on your shelf better.

More importantly, the 2nd Edition has Square Wooded tokens, so you can sit them up in front of you similar to Scrabble tokens and easily see what symbols you hold while hiding them from other player's view. Additionally, the rules and some card text have been cleaned up and clarified.
This game has not gotten a lot of attention, but is a light, quick storytelling game with the focus on game play - collecting tokens, waking your Ancient One if possible, and then a big final battle between the player that awakens their Ancient One and the other players that become investigators.

I think the dark box with the almost hidden image of Cthulhu is cool, but fails to depict the light story nature of the game. I have played this game with kids as young as 8, so it works with a broad age group. Story telling is not a factor in the game, just fun.

Give it a try - I think you will like it, but of course I am a little biased in my opinion.

Thanks for your consideration.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.